Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dm-00
Punch Card
Views: 1,043
Message 21 of 56

Re: Thinkpad x1 Carbon 6th Gen - Speakers Cracking Noise

I went to the service department. Promised to send a master. It's been ten days, the Masters haven't. Waiting...

The symptoms of all users are very similar-the crackle in the headphones, often the trust in the columns. I noticed that the cod is getting bigger.
For engineers it is clear that there is a problem with the sound card or with the motherboard. And since the problem is massive (a lot of reviews), the model is new, then Lenovo is afraid to accept the error of engineers or supplier of components.

SmoothX2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,036
Message 22 of 56

@dm-00

Agreed but I also think it could be the position. The 3rd gen headphone jack is on the left hand side. Last time I serviced it I saw a lot of wires running on the right hand side (exactly where the current headphone jack is). Wires for the usb port, wifi antenas and touch screen run all near the headphone jack. That could explain the static when the unit is being charged.

I wonder why this thread is marked as "SOLVED" and the solution is the bios update. No its not, after the update the volume is simply lower, from 20 I had to go to 45 for normal audio, that's all it did.

goth_bacon
Serial Port
Views: 1,027
Message 23 of 56

@dm-00

Has this problem been mentioned in reviews? Do you have any links?
Xen0bu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,017
Message 24 of 56

I'm having a similar issue where there is no audio for the first 2 seconds of any video/sound I play. I Don't know what the problem is 🤔

Denis_Voronin
Paper Tape
Views: 963
Message 25 of 56

The same problem - hiss and crackling. Returning the notebook. Going back to Dell XPS.

dm-00
Punch Card
Views: 959
Message 26 of 56

These shortcomings are not present in the reviews. Usually reviews write for fully working laptops, and problems with the quality of production are trying not to discuss. I'll wait for the master and after that I will write in all the resources available to me.

I can not allow laptops with such a number of shortcomings to sell at this cost. If the exchange or return of the laptop is impossible, then it is deceiving the buyers.

Denis_Voronin
Paper Tape
Views: 952
Message 27 of 56

This is absolutely unacceptable especially taking into account Lenovo engineers KNOW about it and try to mask it with new audio drivers - making default sound levels lower etc

walla90
Blue Screen Again
Views: 813
Message 28 of 56

So today I have got a new BIOS update to my X1C and the 2 second delay has gone and the cracking noise, try use Lenovo Vantage to find this update and let us know if it helped you guys Smiley Happy 

Xen0bu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 791
Message 29 of 56

Same here, delay gone with new update. As for the craking noises, I shall connect my trusty HD599 to the audio jack for testing.

@SmoothX2 As an audiophile myself, you really shouldn't depend on the onboard sound card for superior audio.. I regularly bring my headphones when I'm outstation and they sound great when paired with a simple dac/amp.

Edit: I still hear a little bit of cracking when I turn the volume up. Is the onboard audio really that bad? Smiley Sad

SmoothX2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 777
Message 30 of 56

@Xen0bu

Sure DAC is cool but only at my desk. To watch a movie or youtube before you go to sleep you gonna use a dac? or an external mouse since the thouchpad is nervewracking?

Sony Walkman, with a worn out cassette, audio quality would have been fine compared to this. I don't have the unit anymore so IDK if the bios patch worked. Switched back to my 3rd Gen x1, far more superior build quality and a touchpad I cannot live without.

$2k just for i7 8650 upgrade and downgrade on all else. Toch Screen is identical to the 3rd gen, the HDR version simply had more color saturation, hdr only works with Microsoft Edge (netflix + youtube).  Naah I'll skip, we'll have 32 cores next year.
It's not like they have Apple class support, you send in your laptop for a repair, they just give to a third party "geek squad" who won't touch your laptop without $700 while under warranty (for a keyboard replacement). Cool, got it brand new for $45 on ebay, replaced it myself in 20 min.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors