Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
birykvlad
Not applicable
Views: 567
Message 51 of 56

Re: Thinkpad x1 Carbon 6th Gen - Speakers Cracking Noise

Unfortunately, no other solutions have been found.

russell888
Not applicable
Views: 553
Message 52 of 56

You can fix the crackling and delay / lag when playing sound on the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon by downloading and installing Audacity and change the audio host setting to MME, see attached screenshot.

The problem will be now be fixed even when you play audio using any other software. I signed up to this forum just to post this answer because its such a simple fix and I see people on here are replacing motherboards or soundcards to fix it Cat Frustrated

Untitled4.png

goth_bacon
Not applicable
Views: 503
Message 53 of 56

@russell888

I think that worked...?  It seems to have fixed the static sound in my headphones.  How on earth did you figure that out?

birykvlad
Not applicable
Views: 474
Message 54 of 56

Guys, yesterday I updated BIOS to 1.37 and Realtek Audio to 6.0.1.8619 from this page - https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ru/ru/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-... .

Cracking noise is gone!

Changelog Realtek Audio 6.0.1.8619:

[Problem fixes]
- Fixed an issue that "Suppress Keyboard Noise" and "Optimize my microphone for" and "Acoustic Echo Cancellation" options were missing under Microphone settings in Lenovo Vantage.
- Fixed an issue that Cortana might be no response more than 1 minutes in Welcome screen at Windows setup.

oz841
Not applicable
Views: 411
Message 55 of 56

I agree about the touchpad, Lenovo Premier Support had a guy put in the preferred older style touchpad into my X1C6 and now I am very happy.

goth_bacon
Not applicable
Views: 183
Message 56 of 56

I had the problem with media constantly unpausing when headphones are plugged in, and I fixed it by installing an older driver as described in this thread https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-keeps-unpausing-playing-vi...

However, the headphone static that I previously fixed with russell888's method has returned, and that method does not fix the issue anymore.  Anyone know how to fix this?  Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors