Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NV_stat
Punch Card
Views: 763
Message 41 of 48

Re: Thinkpad x1 Carbon 6th Gen - Speakers Cracking Noise

Oh yeah, I am going to chase this rabbit to the bottom. They are going to come and change other 10 parts now, as who knows what they manage to mess up. If that does not go well, either a new machine or a refund. What to do, laptop brought me nothing but grief. I will write the follow-up of the encounters. 

NV_stat
Punch Card
Views: 672
Message 42 of 48

After waiting some time because the support could not reach me (not sure why), they changed again the motherboard. The problem still persists, so it might not be in the end that (at least in the case of my laptop), I am not completely certain. In comparison to the first changing of the motherboard, the trackpad and buttons work this time around, but one of the USB slots is not working anymore Smiley Very Happy 

_Vladimir
Paper Tape
Views: 454
Message 43 of 48

I've got the same trouble. Update BIOS, drivers and windows don't solve this problem Smiley Sad

sruddell09
What's DOS?
Views: 356
Message 44 of 48

I have the same problem too.  Tried all the different "solutions" I found when researching this issue but nothing fixed it.  However, when I just plug my headphones into my external monitor I no longer here the cracking/popping noise.

sruddell09
What's DOS?
Views: 305
Message 45 of 48

Update: Sent laptop into Lenovo and they replaced the Audio Card and it fixed the problem.

Sebah
Punch Card
Views: 291
Message 46 of 48

I had the same problem with an X1Y3 and what fixed it for me was updating the Bluethooth driver from the Intel website instead of the Lenovo one (Intel had a newer one). Sounds weird but did the trick.

birykvlad
Punch Card
Views: 205
Message 47 of 48

Installed version 20.90 from the Intel site, alas, did not help Smiley Sad

akz2
Paper Tape
Views: 130
Message 48 of 48

Hi everyone! I want to share some experience about the same issue with static elictrical noise when connect headphones to audiojack. I've got a business-class laptop of other vendor, $2k price. Config is pretty the same to x1c6- i5-8250 and Realtek audio chip. Same issue with static noise. It becomes louder when I connect charger or external devices like dock-station or display. BIOS updates and driver replacement does not help. Sometimes there is no noice but there is no clear dependence on what is the cause of "no-noise" mode Smiley Happy Sometimes noice becomes louder when I move my palm above keyboard and palm-rest zone.

After a long emails with vendor support I've sent my laptop to the service center. I believe that it is not a software/driver issue and hope that motherboard replacement will solve the issue.

If you google a lit you can also find same discussion about x1c6 and linux. Users write there that some of them get rid of static noise via disabling CPU turbo-boost modes.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors