cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ppp656
Punch Card
Views: 1,393
Message 1 of 7

Thinkpad x1 Yoga doesn’t support WoWLAN (wake on wireless Local Area Network) ?

My notebook computer is Lenovo thinkpad X1 yoga (20FQ), it can’t be enabled WoWLAN capability. The checkbox ‘Allow this device to wake the computer’ can’t be selected on the power management tab of the wireless network adapter (Intel AC 8260) properties page. Like this:AC8260.JPG

But Wake on Lan (the hard-wired network adapter is Intel Ethernet Connection I219-LM) is ok:I219.JPG

Another X1 yoga of my friend has the same problem, but a X1 Carbon (with the same model adapter Intel AC8260) I found has no problem with this.

The operation system of the X1 yoga is win10 pro 64-bit (shipped with the laptop by default), and the adapter is Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260. I’m sure that the adapter Intel AC 8260 support the WoWLAN function, I checked the documents of Intel. I restored the system to the Windows preload environment, and it not works. I checked the BIOS, the setting ‘Wake On Lan’ has been enabled, and I uninstalled and then updated the drivers of the wireless network adapter, it doesn’t work still. I googled some methods such as edit the Registry Editor, download the driver (Enabling Wake on LAN) at the lenovo support website, etc., but non-effective.

I guess is there something wrong with the drivers or BIOS of X1 Yoga? Or X1 Yoga just simply doesn’t support WoWLAN? Or this problem is due to a hardware failure on some batches? Anyone has any suggestion? Thanks a lot! 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,383
Message 2 of 7

Re: Thinkpad x1 Yoga doesn’t support WoWLAN (wake on wireless Local Area Network) ?

try this:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/enabling-wowlan-wake-on-wire...

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
ppp656
Punch Card
Views: 1,287
Message 3 of 7

Re: Thinkpad x1 Yoga doesn’t support WoWLAN (wake on wireless Local Area Network) ?

Thank you for your reply very much. I used powercfg command (by admin), but it didn't help.

I think it because when I enter Powercfg -devicequery wake_programmable (Lists devices that are user-configurable to wake the computer from a sleep state), there is no wireless adapter in the list. I try to use Powercfg -deviceenablewake “Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260” forcibly (the device name retrieved by using the Powercfg -devicequery all_devices command), and Command prompt shows that you do not have permission to enable or disable device wake.wowlan.JPG

And a moment ago, I asked one more user of X1 Yoga, neither can he enable WoWLAN.

Suggestions? Or anyone else has the same problem? Or someone has not? This can be solved by replacing the wireless adapter? I have to continue to work with the ThinkPad OneLink+ to RJ45 Adapter. I expect to have this problem fixed.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,270
Message 4 of 7

all I can add is the fact that I have a TP yoga 260 which is similar generation and same 8260 wifi.  It acts the same way you describe.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
ppp656
Punch Card
Views: 1,237
Message 5 of 7

Thanks anyway, richk.

Any other suggestions?

ppp656
Punch Card
Views: 709
Message 6 of 7

Recently, I found that one of my colleague's thinkpad (exactly same model X1 yoga 20FQ) did not have this problem! He can enable Wake on Wlan!

onest
What's DOS?
Views: 350
Message 7 of 7

I have the same problem. Have you found out how to enable WoWlan?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors