Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-21-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad x1 carbon 7th gen “self healing bios backup progressing” is stuck at 7%

2021-02-21, 23:16 PM

Here’s what happened:

• I went to Lenovo Vantage and selected system update. 

• pic shows 3 updates selected (SSD, thunderbolt, and bios update) and reboot warning

• I clicked OK. After reboot (before windows) I got the message “self healing bios backup progressing” and it’s been stuck at 7% for 6 hours. 

• Can I reboot either by using the emergency hole on the back or the power button without damaging the machine?
  • How should I fix this? Thanks in advance. 
33820CC0-53D9-4DBF-A5D0-1628B4AC3224.jpeg
Options

1212 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

83 Signins

6067 Page Views

• Views: 6067
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Thinkpad x1 carbon 7th gen “self healing bios backup progressing” is stuck at 7%

2021-02-22, 13:29 PM

Hello jlmh,

Welcome to Lenovo Community

Have the machine connected with the charger and do not turn off just yet.

Observe and leave it for a few hours, otherwise you may reach out to the technical support team for the next steps.

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

02-21-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:Thinkpad x1 carbon 7th gen “self healing bios backup progressing” is stuck at 7%

2021-02-22, 15:21 PM

I used the emergency reset last night, left it off overnight, then when I turned power on this morning, the process continued and finished normally and booted into windows, yay. Unfortunately I found another update to install: intel management engine firmware.  I am trying to install it now but it’s been stuck on 85 percent for well over an hour. What now? I do not want to damage this machine. Thanks. 

Options

1212 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

83 Signins

6067 Page Views

• Views: 6067
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-02-25, 22:59 PM

Did the intel management engine firmware update pushed thru?

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms