Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ETA
What's DOS?
Views: 214
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad x1 carbon, Anti Aliasing and External Monitor

Hey everyone.
I've got new X1 carbon and encountered some display problems. When connected to the external display via dock (external monitor resolution is 1920x1080, laptop 2560 x 1440) it looks awful like this

http://i.imgur.com/qeW6y6g.png

I've tried different resolutions, played with Clear Type settings - didn't help much.

The laptop monitor by the way is also far from crisp & clear.

Any suggestions how to fix this and have same clear view on both displays? 

Thnx

David_J_W
802.11n
Views: 188
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad x1 carbon, Anti Aliasing and External Monitor

I can't see anything wrong with your screen shot - that looks normal for anti-aliased text on my monitor.

You have a similar setup to mine - an older 1920x1080 external monitor and a built in 'high DPI' 2560x1440 screen. I'm running both screens at their native resolution. The external monitor looks just the same as with my old Windows 7 laptop that didn't have a 'high DPI' screen. High DPI aware applications look very sharp on the built in screen. Eventually, I will likely upgrade to a higher pixel density external monitor.

It might help if you try to take a close up but in focus photo of the problems, so that we can see what you are seeing and find objectionable about it.

ETA
What's DOS?
Views: 168
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad x1 carbon, Anti Aliasing and External Monitor

Ok, here is another picture comparing two views. First one is that problem I wrote about:

link to picture

clover_2016-09-12_12-34-22

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors