Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snake2332
Token Ring
Views: 989
Message 31 of 36

Re: Thinkpad x1 extreme, sluggish performance

Yes, it is very pathetic how bad Lenovo is at matching docks to laptops and telling the customer which ones work. I'm sure they won't even list the X1 Extreme as a compatible machine on the product page for the TB3 docks...maybe eventually, but I doubt it. They probably never added Yoga 720 to it either, even though that's what I am using and it's fully functional.

Back when I was looking at TB3 docks in 2017, Lenovo didn't even have pictures of their dock, but B&H Photo's website did, so I ordered it from them instead of Lenovo, which was actually cheaper so it was an obvious choice. If Lenovo would have just given me decent pictures, I would have given them $285 for the device. It's pretty inexcusable really.

AdamRski
Punch Card
Views: 977
Message 32 of 36

My X1 Extreme has been running without issue since switching to the 40AN dock last week. No monitor or LAN drops. 

washington2017
What's DOS?
Views: 659
Message 33 of 36

definitely not, it is so slow performance. mine is I7 8588 but still very slow. i didnt install many programs, no game 

washington2017
What's DOS?
Views: 658
Message 34 of 36

mine has same issue. it is I7 8588  GOD. much worse than a 300 $ Laptop . what happened .. no game program serval programs installed only. and 

plexxus
What's DOS?
Views: 522
Message 35 of 36

For me, switching to "Discrete Graphics" worked. It improved the performance alot. I have this dock:

i-tec USB-C 3x4K Universal Dockingstation with 65W Power Delivery

Unfortunately this also drains my battery. Is there no other solution? After all, this is a very expensive notebook we are talking about. Smiley Sad

cloudberry
Fanfold Paper
Views: 368
Message 36 of 36

Today i tried using my dock again with the x1 extreme, updated firmware and drivers. Still completely useless.

Without the dock its getting very hard to use the computer, since the 2 usb dongles i have tried wont work either. The keyboard types by itself, and or dosent type.

So now i use a with the dock, an extremely expensive laptop, with the performance of 10 year old dog**bleep**.

I contacted support, they told me we couldt return the docks because we had them for too long, i even linked to this post. why did i buy 3 year on site support?????? for what??

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors