Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yujie1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,279
Message 1 of 7

Thinkpad x1 yoga 1st oled screen issue

Hi, everyone. I have a Thinkpad X1 yoga with OLED display. I bought it on last November. After having it for half a year, I found a problem about the screen. When I turn down the brightness to below 20 or to the darkest. I can see the screen is flashing. It is very annoying. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Many thanks.

Here is a video that helps to understand the issue better.

sp333
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,041
Message 2 of 7

Re: Thinkpad x1 yoga 1st oled screen issue

Anyone have a solution for this issue? This has plagued me for a very long time and only seems to get worse. Today my screen was completely dark and was only able to resuscitate the screen by plugging an external screen, fiddle with the brightness buttons

Highlighted
Yujie1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,037
Message 3 of 7

You should contact the local service to replace your screen panel ASAP within warranty. 

I talked to them several times. They had no idea what the problem should be and they guessed it should the hardware issue.

Good luck.

AtiX
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,005
Message 4 of 7

I am having the same issue (thread here) -- however it seems that this is a windows only bug (works fine on linux), and thus does not seem to be a hardware issue and rather a drivers(?) issue.

Pinocchio
Paper Tape
Views: 741
Message 5 of 7

I have owned a Thinkpad Yoga X1 1st gen with oled screen since Nov 2016. About a month after I bought it the oled screen failed completely and was replaced by Lenovo under warranty. Fast forward to Feb 2018 and screen began to flicker when brightness was set low. Since it was out of warranty I just raised the brightness and lived with it. About a month later, the screen refused to light up altogether. I rebooted a few times and got it to light up, but flicker was really bad at most all brightness settings. External monitor worked just fine. I tried the various solutions suggested here, but none fixed it. Continued to work around it by setting brighness higher in the Intel Graphics Settings. Even though I used the Lenovo Vantage app to do updates, and was up-to-date, a few days ago I did a scan/update on the Lenovo support web site (though none of the updates seemed to relate to display issues). Miraculously, that fixed the screen. Now back to normal, no flicker. I'm guessing it was the BIOS update that did it, since none of the other updates even remotely seemed related .

NEW NEWS: screen was perfect for 3 days, then for no apparent reason began to flicker again like before. Found that something woke it from sleep even though lid remained closed. When I opened the lid,  the screen flicker was back. - -So I I have no fix...

FrankLin2018
Paper Tape
Views: 426
Message 6 of 7

My X1 Yoga G2 which bought @ 2017/Sep. also have OLED screen issue yestoday(2018/10/15).

With my experience of my job, product engineer in a IC design house, it should be OLED driver IC reliability issue.

I strongly recommend that Thinkpad team need to dis-qualify the IC vendor which make thinkpad products low quality.

jin2000
What's DOS?
Views: 355
Message 7 of 7

x1 Yoga 1st gen. The issue started several days ago. Every time reboot the machine, or wake up from sleeping, the screen show following issue. When it gets into the windows 10, the screen keeps like this about several mins, then it becomes normal.

Lenovo support, Please help. Thanks.

s1.jpg

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors