Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisr_ocks
Paper Tape
Views: 1,582
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad x230 eGPU GTX 970 not booting or code 12 error

Hi,

in the last 2 month I read quite a lot about eGPU and fortunately(at least I thought so..) I have a x230 notebook which usually works fine with eGPUs and also in some german forums there where quite a lot people with setups combining the parts I have right now.

Those are the PE4L-EC060A v2.1b Adapter to connect my new Zotac Geforce GTX 970 through the expressCard Slot in my X230.

My X230 has 16gb of ram and I thought that might be the problem but I have also updated the BIOS to the newest version 2.62 which should have solved the problem. I also tried with removing one bar of 8gb ram but still does not work. If I plug the expressCard adapter into my notebook it recognizes the card and i can install the drivers. But if I reboot, it hangs up during boot process before my grub loader shows up (I also tried with an usb fresh installed windows 7) and hangs there without any error or anything... I heard that if I start with the card inside it is normal that it restarts after 1 second because of the TOLUD Table which initializes again so these setups would work. But even then it does not work and freezes.. 
I also took a video of the booting process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezwE--G3GtY

If I, like some guys recommended, plug the card in only when grub shows up, it boots but then I get the "famous" code 12 error.

Could it be because the zotac gtx 970 has 4gb ram?

I really dont know what to do anymore Smiley Sad

I also did some pictures of my setup if that might help to find the source of what is going wrong:

Link to image 1

Link to image 2

Link to image 3

Link to image 4

Link to image 5

If someone could help me I would be veeeeeeeeeeeeeery glad Smiley Happy

Moderator note: large image(s) converted to link(s):  About Posting Pictures In The Forums

kotai2003
What's DOS?
Views: 491
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad x230 eGPU GTX 970 not booting or code 12 error

Please look up the following page.

Guide: DSDT override eGPU error 12 fix (Windows only)

https://egpu.io/forums/pc-setup/fix-dsdt-override-to-correct-error-12/

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors