Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fruttolo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 446
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad x240 - sleep mode not working and bios update does nothing

I bought an used x240 8 months ago, a few months back it started not waking up from sleep but since I had work to do on it for university I left it that way and waited.

Now that I'm done I'm trying to resolve the issue and it seems quite common. I tried everything I found online without success.

Then I read that there were some bios updates and in the changelog the of the last one it says they fixed issues with sleep mode.

Now I tried to install it from windows 10 and from usb since I usually only work with linux. The result is always the same:

I boot inside the update utility, follow the instructions and when it reboots the lenovo splashscreen appears but it does not say anything about updating the bios (I saw it should on youtube). 

Needless to say, when I go inside the bios setup it indicates the version is still 2.37.

I already tried changing bios settings in every possible way. If I can obtain a USB CD drive I'll try using that instead but in the meantime can anyone help me?

fruttolo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 389
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad x240 - sleep mode not working and bios update does nothing

A little update, I noticed that upon finishing the bios update procedure when the computer reboots is stops for a moment on a black screen, then the computer shutdown with a little pop from the speakers, and finally it reboots normally without any sign of the update. 

I suspect that something goes wrong when the bios update should be applied that causes the computer to shut down and restart. Anyone has any idea of what that could be?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors