Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WarlockPH
Fanfold Paper
Views: 901
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad x240 weird keyboard issue

Hi!

I am experiencing a weird glitch that happens to my laptop keyboard.  Last weekend, I have discovered that only 5 and 6 keys work on the top row number keys of my keyboard. Also, F10, F11, F12, Home key and Delete keys don't work. Other keys are working. I have tried the keys multiple times but the don't register anything on the screen. I have tried booting in my linux system and the problem persists. I have tried multiple reboots, load optimized settings in bios 

Upon testing the top number row, I have discovered that pressing 6, 7, and 8 key, simultaneously, registers an "equal sign (=)" on notepad, and 3, 4, and 5 keys registers an F2 equivalent click, which proves that the keys aren't broken.  Yesterday, upon booting up my system, all the keys seem to be perfectly working again.  However, last night (up until now)(out of the blue), the aforementioned keys suddenly didn't work again.

Anyone having the same problem? Any solutions, guys?

Thank you!

WarlockPH
Fanfold Paper
Views: 838
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad x240 weird keyboard issue

Update:

I have noticed that if the laptop came from a cool state (e.g. newly booted after being off for a while, been on a very cold room) the keys would work properly. But after a while of using, they stop working again. Anything suggestions, guys?

Thank you!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors