Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ilya747
Paper Tape
Views: 1,583
Message 1 of 5

Thinkpad x250 - fake suspicion

Hi everyone,

I've just received my new Thinkpad x250 which I ordered on ebay (bad decision)  and it looks suspicious. 

Firstly, it doesn't have a fingerprint reader - I've never met x250s without fingerprint readers, also lenovo website didn't allow to customize it this way. 

Secondly, the overall case seems not genuine (for example, "x250" label looks different than on the official pictures).

Also, it has weird serial number (starting with 20CLS...) that cant be found on the PSREF and warranty started 3 days before purchase.

Am i paranoid or it's worth returning it to seller?

Thank you!

Ilya

JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 1,573
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkpad x250 - fake suspicion

you can get without fingerprint, webcam and so on but thats only special order within companies only so either person got this off his jobb but sold it after as i new condition since he wasn't happy with it,

Could you send some pictures of your laptop so me and others on here can see how exactly is it fake?

ilya747
Paper Tape
Views: 1,563
Message 3 of 5

Thanks, that makes sense. Do you think company can order it in a case made of usual plastic (and not the carbon fiber)? 

Attaching some pictures as well.

Pics

All the ports are in place.

Thanks, 

Ilya

JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 1,549
Message 4 of 5

hmm does the laptop feel like plastic? if so try opening back cover and see how screw holes are if they are golden pieces there then it could be fake since when it's carbon fiber lenovo does not use golden screw holders like hp, asus, and meny more do on their laptops.

Guru
Views: 1,522
Message 5 of 5

It seems like a unit outside of the US. The keyboard layout looks different, and according to Lenovo PSREF, the US units all have fingerprint readers. 

http://psref.lenovo.com/Product/ThinkPad_X250

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors