Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
natbgsy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 668
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad x260 WIndows 7 rebuild from bootbale media

I have a new Lenovo x260 that I want to flatten and rebuild using our own version of Windows 7 media.

I can boot up and it starts to install but then when I click Install windows I get the following error

Load Driver

A required CD/DVD drive device drive is missing. If you have a floppy disk/CD, DVD or USB f;lash drive please insert it now.

I bascially want to reformat the HDD and build as we did with teh x230, x240,x250 Whats changed!!!!!

Thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 662
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad x260 WIndows 7 rebuild from bootbale media

You probably need the USB 3.0 drivers.  They'll have to be integrated into the install media since once the installer has switched to its internal drivers it won't be able to see an external drive for an "F6" driver add.

If your laptop uses an NVMe SSD you'll also need that driver or the installer won't be able to see the install target.  That comes from a MS hotfix.

There's a thread or two here that addresses those issues.  I'll dig around and try to find them.

[edit] Here's one.  (Ignore my incorrect advice early in the thread):

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T460-Windows-7-install-error/m-p/3284463

I'm also working on a little tutorial with an X1 Yoga as the example but don't know when that will be done.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors