Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kerolox
What's DOS?
Views: 734
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad x260 freezing/stuttering regularly

My computer has been having this issue since purchase. Occasionally, whatever it is that I am doing will become unresponsive for 1-3 seconds at a time. This occurs fairly often, at least once every 5-10 minutes or so, so this can become increasingly irritating.

Sometimes this freezing will occur when i open a new link on an internet browser, try to run some software, etc and will make cause the computer to remain frozen until I hold the power button, either forcing it to turn off or enter sleep mode (system is unresponsive to CTRL+ALT+DEL command so this is my only option).

Any insight on to what this issue could be? I should also mention that my device is out of warranty.

Thanks.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 706
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad x260 freezing/stuttering regularly

Hi Kerolox,

Greetings from Lenovo,

Does the machine freezes in any applications? As you have mentioned about the freezing issue while using the internet explorer try to clear the cache and check if it freezes. Check the memory consumption in task manager.

Ashwin_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors