Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
natbgsy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 652
Message 1 of 5

Thinkpad x270 HD SSD not detected during rebuild

Hi

I am trying to build an x270 from a bootable ISO.

I click Custom install but get no drives found at the "where do you want to install windows" stage.

The full message is "load driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation"

I guess this is due to the SSD driver missing but not sure how to find the correct driver, whether or not I need to inject it into the ISO, or even how to do it.

Anyone done this before please!!!

Thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 602
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkpad x270 HD SSD not detected during rebuild

What operating system are you trying to install?  What is the source of the ISO?  What is the MT-M of the laptop?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

natbgsy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 597
Message 3 of 5

Hi 

The OS is Windows 7

The ISO source is taken directly from MS Licencing portal

The ISO works fine on the x260

I am not sure what you mean by MT-M ?

Thanks for the help though

natbgsy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 594
Message 4 of 5

Found the MTM (Machine Type Model)

20K5-S05300

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 593
Message 5 of 5

My guess is that you have an NVMe SSD and need a driver.  There are several ways to add the driver.  Here's the MS approach:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2990941/update-to-add-native-driver-support-in-nvm-express-...

Do you have a 6th or 7th generation CPU?  The X270 is available both ways.  You may know that there's no ongoing Win 7 support for Kaby lake.

MT-M is machine type-model.  Like 20HN001JUS as one example.  It is one way to verify what type of SSD you have - if you have an SSD in your model.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors