Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AleDWT
Paper Tape
Views: 436
Message 1 of 5

Thinkpad x270 disappearing Transcend SSD installed in WWAN slot

Hello everybody I bring support to a Thinkpad x270.

It ran Windows 10 in the main SSD and client decided to buy an extra SSD for saving files. So i bought a Trascend TS512GMTS400 and installed in WWAN slot.

Now my problem is every random minutes, The Transcend Disk it just disappears from Device Manager so it became not accessible. In fact if I suspend and restore the notebook, the trascend disk appears connected again and I can use it as usual... but just for few minutes.

I tried:

- Configure the power manager to never suspend disks. Did not help.

- Upgrade BIOS firmware. Did not help.

- Using Lenovo Storage Device Firmware to update firmware's disk: It looks like has no support with Trascend SSDs.

Now i really don't know what to do. Are there BIOS settings that could help? is this disk compatible with these notebooks?

I appreciate every idea or help I can get. Thank you very much.

Kevliu78
Token Ring
Views: 415
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkpad x270 disappearing Transcend SSD installed in WWAN slot

Can try to upgrade new bios 1.14 see whether it is working or not.

Can refer to previous thread.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X270-Bios-Update-v1-11-Broke-my-M-2-SSD-WWAN-...

AleDWT
Paper Tape
Views: 384
Message 3 of 5

Thank you Kevliu78, not the same case, My SSD is detected but is not working properly. My current BIOS version is 1.30(R0IET52W), anyway... I try to Downgrade BIOS version to 1.23(R0IET45W) and SSD still disappearing, and then with 1.14(R0IET36W) SSD was not detected, so I rollback to 1.30.

I ALSO realized that SSD disappears few minutes after you try to read any file (or even disappear if you try to read only the hardware properties from device manager). 

Firmware of my Transcend SSD is already up to date. So I don't know if I should try something else before ask for Technical Support from Lenovo. 

Regards!

AleDWT
Paper Tape
Views: 359
Message 4 of 5

I don't know if this can be accepted as solution, but problem is solved by installing "Transcend SSD Scope". SSD do not disappear anymore.
Kevliu78
Token Ring
Views: 346
Message 5 of 5

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors