05-13-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 1 of 8

Three Weeks and Still No One Could Place an Order

2020-05-13, 20:00 PM

So last month there was this deal on Lenovo website and the prices were very low. I ordered four laptops, 3 X1 Extreme and 1 Carbon for my roommate and my family. That was my first try, and the next morning, our order was cancelled, and that's where the whole story began. 

We contacted Lenovo the next day and the reason they gave us was "shipping addr and billing addr are different". It was absolutely the most ridiculous reason for cancellation I have ever heard - can't I even order computers for my family and friends? But of course out of my trust for Lenovo, I placed the order again with billing and shipping addr the same and decided to ship them by myself after I received them. Unsurprisingly, in a few hours, I received the cancellation email again. We contacted and Lenovo told us that their system was under maintenance and told us to wait. We waited, and no one ever told us when the system was back on. We did call to ask, but they did nothing expect keep trying. A few days later, the deal ended.

So I called the customer service, the sales department, AND the credit card department. They said they would helped me place the order at the discounted price. They tried a few times, with 4 different cards, 3 different accounts, and 2 different mailing addresses, all orders got cancelled.

Then they said they would place an order and file a case with it. So I waited, again, for the case to be resolved. The next day, cancellation! I called again asking why, and they perfectly dodged the question by blaming on something else. All I know was that I did what they told us to do and it didn't work out either.

Because I was in my finals week as a college student, my cousin took over for me to talk to Lenovo. They filed the case again, promised that there was no way the order would be cancelled if they handle it manually. But of course, again, our order was cancelled. My cousin called, and they said they would start an investigation on this and told us to wait a few days, so we did. A few days later, no one even responded at all, so my cousin called. They said the investigation was over and told us to try again. I had a million "W.T.F." running across my head because that's not what I expected from an investigation. At least I thought they would give us some explanation. But "try again" was all they instructed. We tried, and failed, once again. 

And we called again, and we were sent from the sales department to the partner network, and we were sent back to the sales because we were somehow listed as "resale", and the sales reps told us to go to partner network again without any further explanation, and the partner network sent us back again. It was now two weeks since my first order.

My semester ended, and my cousin was all tired and disappointed, so I took over. Now it's not about the computer, but my customer rights. "You either tell me 'no, you have to deal with our mistake and live with it, the deal has ended and we will not help you place the order' in the first place, and I will never buy a single Lenovo product ever again; or you help me with everything you've got and resolved the issue", I thought. Stalling for two weeks and having no reasonable explanation is simply unacceptable. I just don't believe that a big and respected company like Lenovo, you can't even sell four computers if you really try. I know the price is low, so I asked my dad, who has been a sales manager for a big company for ten years and he told me that there is no way a big company like Lenovo can't sell a product. With manual manipulation, a company can literally sell products at any price. They are just not trying their best.

The price is low, I admit, but the deal was there, and we did place our first order days before the deal ended. It was solely Lenovo's responsibility that we did not get the computers in time. We would not purchase four products all at once if I did not absolutely love Lenovo. All of us own a Lenovo computer and two of ours are just over 1 year old. We are really big fans of Lenovo. But after being treated like this, we are not sure about it anymore. 

Last week, the third week of this whole ongoing frustration, I chatted with customer service again. That time I directly asked to talk to their supervisors, because I have talked to 15 different reps already and I even have all their names. The rep was not willing to give me direct access to their supervisor, but the rep did help me file ANOTHER case, an escalation case, for their supervisor. I gave them my trust again. I was told to wait for 24-48 business hrs, which is 3-6 business days, and I was promised to get a phone call, so I waited. During the time I checked on the case once and the rep helped me raise the case. On the 7th business day, I still hadn't heard anything. So I chatted again and the rep helped email the supervisor and told me to wait for 2-3 hours. The fact was I waited the whole day, and no one gave me a s***.

Today, I contacted the customer service, asked for nothing but a way to file a complaint. Of course it took another 2 hours but at least I got it. The rep told me to click on the feedback icon on their website, which leads me to a form that asks for my experience with the WEBSITE. I don't see how that relates to my complaint at all. I asked and the rep told me I CAN type my issue there and I will hear back in 24-48 business hrs. I am not sure if they will ever contact any more. And I am out of idea what to do. It seems like as a customer you can never outsmart a company.

The process was all tiring and frustrating, and nothing else....

I don't even know whether this is going to catch any attention. All I know was I spent another whole hour typing this up.

I hope, I really hope, that someone will hear me and help me. 

I'm crossing my fingers.

Options

8 Posts

05-13-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 2 of 8

Re:Three Weeks and Still No One Could Place an Order

2020-05-13, 20:04 PM

Someone please tell me what to do.

Options

2 Posts

05-14-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 3 of 8

2020-05-14, 10:56 AM

Cry and just be happy they didn't take your money with out giving you the product you ordered like another certain computer company that I won't mention.

Options

8 Posts

05-13-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

Had an Escalation Case but Never Heard Back

2020-05-14, 22:27 PM

Yes, I had a long complaint on how Lenovo has been trying to stall a purchase issue for three weeks for me to give up. But I still got to say it again here. Two weeks ago I had an escalation case filed for the supervisors, today is the third day past that 24-48 business hour deadline. I chatted twice in between, both reps told me they have raised the case and emailed their supervisors, both gave me promises, yet today, still no one calls. Great move Lenovo!

Options

8 Posts

05-13-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2020-05-14, 22:32 PM
Thanks for the sarcasm. I know it looks like somehow I as a customer has acting like a b****. But the fact is, every time I talked to Lenovo, I gave them my absolutely best attitude. It just frustrates me that it's always a one-sided game. In the end, they said "f u" and you dont even know where to complain.
Options

4 Posts

05-14-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

125 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 125
  • Message 6 of 8

2020-05-14, 22:39 PM

While the reply above might not seem helpful, you're in a much better position than those of us who have given Lenovo our money and still have no products to show for it months later. You've dodged a bullet here :)

Options

8 Posts

05-13-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2020-05-15, 0:37 AM
Jeez, is it really that serious right now? I mean I placed over ten orders but the money all came back a few days after the order got cancelled. Are you saying that they got your money and haven't sent your product for months?
Options

4 Posts

05-14-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

125 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 125
  • Message 8 of 8

2020-05-15, 0:47 AM

Unfortunately so. I ordered a ThinkPad on the 2nd March, and it still hasn't shipped. I've asked for a refund but who knows how long that will take? :S

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms