cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ishraqiyun77
Serial Port
Views: 126
Message 1 of 2

Thunderbolt 3 ports only detecting devices once on X1E, only sees them again after clean install

I have a UAD Apollo Twin Mk II TB audio interface. I have a couple TB cables that I've tried with the same results. Use an Akitio T3T TB3 to TB/TB2 adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M04U186/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Has always worked without issue until trying on this laptop. Just tried on a different computer and works fine.

Latest BIOS 1.19.

After a clean install of Windows, install all drivers and make sure they are up to date. Thunderbolt icon appears in the notification area. Plug in the Apollo and power it on. It is recognized. Select "Always recognize" or whatever it is as opposed "Just this once" or "Never". Install the UAD software, or not... the outcome is the same. Restart. Log back in to Windows. Thunderbolt icon no longer appears. Open it manually. Says device isn't conected despite it being connected and powered on. Try different TB3 ports. Remove device from list of approved devices in TB3 software. Uninstall and reinstall the TB3 drivers. Remove any mention of the device from registry. Result is the same. Won't say it is plugged in.

Did a clean install of Windows... read the previous paragraph over... same thing.

Anyway, any idea what is going on here?

Honestly, about to return the thing. Between this issue and and the +30 hours spent trying to get dual boot working, to no avail, with every combination of UEFI Only w/o CSM, UEFI Only w/ CSM, Legacy Only (all without Secure Boot) and Ubuntu Desktop, Ubunutu Live Server, Ubuntu Server Standard, or Xubuntu, and MBR or GPT, this thing is basically worthless to me. Any other dual boot I have done hasn't taken more than like 20 minutes including making the bootable USB.

ishraqiyun77
Serial Port
Views: 92
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thunderbolt 3 ports only detecting devices once on X1E, only sees them again after clean install

After many reboots a message saying "Configuring Thunderbolt Controller... Please do not power off!" Been like that for 3 hours now. Trying to turn it off despite the message because it obviously isn't doing anything. Can't turn it off. Power button isn't doing anything. Unplugged it so the battery runs out. Sweet

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors