Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WWWorm
Paper Tape
Views: 3,510
Message 21 of 46

Re: Thunderbolt Controller Error

Yes, sometimes controller go to suspend mode and only updating firmware can fix it
blabla1
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,734
Message 22 of 46

There is still no fix for this after all these years?

flogi12
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,525
Message 23 of 46

I've got a X1C6 and have the same problem since a few days. Tried reflashing and uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers in various combinations but didn't get it to work so far.

To be fair i'm not using Thunderbolt, only a ThinkVision P24h-10 which is connected via USB-C and seems to work fine so far.

WWWorm
Paper Tape
Views: 2,510
Message 24 of 46

Try my instructions about cleaning all drivers.
For flashing you must have only driver for flash firmware.
I get controller error about 1 time on a week, only flashing firmware with correct drivers solve this problem
blabla1
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,508
Message 25 of 46

If you get it once a week, that means you did not solve the issue. And Lenovo does not seem to be caring at all.

WWWorm
Paper Tape
Views: 2,513
Message 26 of 46

I using laptop at work with dockstation and home just with charger. After few times when changing dock to charger, thunderbolt controller goes to suspend mode and only flashing can help.
Sometimes thunderbolt controller dissapears from device manager, shutdown and turn on helps.
Few days ago i updated bios, only after this thunderbolt controller i can see in device list ... will look maybe this new bios helps.

Main problem as i think - old drivers for thunderbolt controller with old firmware, but lenovo don`t update it ....
At this moment my solution really help to turn on thunderbolt, sometimes for not long time, but it better then nothing.
blabla1
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,328
Message 27 of 46

I am really disappointed by Lenovo.  This topic is open so long and not a single post form them. Great support looks different. 

bergwalek
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,316
Message 28 of 46

I posted a while back that I was also having this problem.  I periodically get this error message.  At the surface it appears like it's just an annoying message because if you're not actually using all the functionality of the Thunderbolt module, then you don't see that something is broken.  For example, when I drive my 4k monitor via the USB-C port with a USB-C to HDMI cable (Thunderbolt certified) everything actually works. 

However, since I normally use an external docking station, the Lonovo Graphics docking station, which requires a fully functional Thunderbolt connection, I see that something is definitely broken.  For many months this system (with the graphics doc over Thunderbolt/USB-C) functioned problem free.  That was before I was getting these error messages.  Then it stopped working (no longer displaying through the graphics doc) and I was getting these error messages.  They trouble shooted the problem until they determined that the Thunderbolt module is bad and needs replacing.  So I'm still getting these error messages. Any time I do a full fresh start of the computer, after using my computer for a few hours, it'll usually display the error message.  

The challenge I see is this:  Unless you have a system that enables you to see (or to show them) that your hardware has gone bad, you may have a hard time getting them to respond?  What I don't remember is if, during their trouble shooting, it was also clear in the device manager that something was wrong/broken.  

Finally, on friday the 5th, Lenovo will be replacing my Thunderbolt module.  In a couple more weeks, I'll be back home to test and see if it's actually fixed.  I'll keep you posted.  

junnnnyyyy
What's DOS?
Views: 1,462
Message 29 of 46

I too am suddenly strugling with this problem without an end.  

No meaure of "delete driver, update firmware, reinstall driver" ever worked and it seems lots of us are frustrated with this issue.  

After countless hours of trying this and that and researching what is going on, I am close to giving up and this dock will remain as $200 power adoptor.   Don't have time anymore to continue digging this problem.  Add me to the pool of very disappointed customers.  What a waste of my time and money.  

Highlighted
Lio
Punch Card
Views: 1,286
Message 30 of 46

Add me also to the very dissapointed customers! Same Isuue! 

LENOVO, WHERE ARE YOU!!!???

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors