Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rising_Star
Paper Tape
Views: 637
Message 1 of 1

Thunderbolt Graphics Dock and Thinkpad X1 Yoga, 3rd Gen

I have recently purchased both of the subject items.  I was informed via chat channels with Lenovo that the graphics dock would work with the X1 Yoga 3rd Gen.  However, upon connection, my Yoga recognizes that a Thunderbolt device has been connected but it does not recognize that a graphics card or USB ports exist.  Thus, my mouse, keyboard, and monitor do not work while connected to graphics dock.  I have downloaded and installed the drivers for the graphics dock but the result is still the same.  Does the graphics dock really work with the X1 Yoga 3rd Gen?  If so, is there a BIOS setting I must address to make this configuration work?

Update:  I have been able to get the Thunderbolt 3 Graphics dock working with the Thinkpad X1 Yoga 3rd Gen.  It required a going into the BIOS>>Config>>Support in Pre Boot Environment: Thunderbolt Device and set it to "Enabled".  Once this was accomplished then upon boot, the dock and its internal devices; i.e., video card, Ethernet, and USB were recognized and installed.  I did need to select "Allow Always" in the security application.  Also, the video initially installed with the typical Microsoft default video drivers.  I performed a re-install of the Thunderbolt graphics dock drivers, and upon reboot, the correct drivers installed for the nVidia graphics card in the dock.  All is well, and the video card is working great with my BenQ SW271 4K HDR PhotoVue monitor.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors