Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bela0
Paper Tape
Views: 250
Message 1 of 3

Thunderbolt not working / Unable to update thunderbolt firmware

Hello,

the thunderbolt on my X380 Yoga completely stopped working. As I try to connect a P27h for instance, the laptop charges but does not recognize the monitor or USB Hub.

I installed every update available on system update and tried to update the Thunderbolt Software and Firmware. The software installed fine but upon updating the firmware the following promt appears:

Unbenannt.PNG 

When I check the version inside the Thunderbold software, this is what shows up:

Unbenannt2.PNG 

I am running Windows 10 Home 1803. Any idea why this is not working? Is my thunderbolt controller not working properly?

Thanks

Lenovo Employee ChuckEDubs
Lenovo Employee
Views: 246
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thunderbolt not working / Unable to update thunderbolt firmware

There is an issue with the update for the tunderbolt firmware when updating through the system update utility. This is a known issue that the Engineering department has been working on. The only known resolution to this issue so far has been to replace the system board. Im sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. If the device is still under warranty i would speak with the support center to have a tech install a new board.
Lenovo Employee ChuckEDubs
Lenovo Employee
Views: 172
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thunderbolt not working / Unable to update thunderbolt firmware

Sorry i will have to retract what i said. That information i provided is not correct. I would however suggest that you contact Lenovo support team so that we may investigate the problem further as there may be another issue going on with your device.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors