cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zetsui
Blue Screen Again
Views: 271
Message 1 of 7

To those who bought the g6 x1 carbon how long have you had it, are your guys falling out

this is a huge decision in me sending my x1c6 back and waiting a few omnths until the 490's price comes down

kenbr
Paper Tape
Views: 228
Message 2 of 7

Re: To those who bought the g6 x1 carbon how long have you had it, are your guys falling out

I've had mine since 9/2018 and I've been very happy with it. The only issue I have had is the signal on the LTE sim is not nearly as good as on my Galaxy S9 Plus. I would skip the LTE sim if I were ordering one today. But it is almost a year old so if I were looking for a laptop today I might wait for the next model.
zetsui
Blue Screen Again
Views: 193
Message 3 of 7

Re: To those who bought the g6 x1 carbon how long have you had it, are your guys falling out

sorry i meant to ask are youR KEYS falling out? You can't replace individual keys but have to REMOVE the entire inside to replace the keyboard. otherwise i want to keep this thing and not return it
kenbr
Paper Tape
Views: 191
Message 4 of 7

Lol, well that makes a bit more sense. I thought you were asking if the X1 and I had had a falling out. I've not had any problems with the keys falling out and I've used it pretty much every day since I've had it. I did get the 3 year warranty and accident forgiveness when I purchased it but so far I've not had any problem with it. I do have the trackpoint drift issue but I've had that on pretty much every Thinkpad I've had.

zetsui
Blue Screen Again
Views: 168
Message 5 of 7

you commute with it on the subway or the likes? take it to work? travel wit hit?
kenbr
Paper Tape
Views: 165
Message 6 of 7

No commuting but I travel with it on occasion. I work from home so most of the use is there. I will admit it doesn't get rough treatment from me. I'm pretty gentle with it but I do use it several hours a day.
jeremyshaw
802.11n
Views: 152
Message 7 of 7

I am butting in Smiley Very Happy

I do travel to work with mine everyday. Take the light rail (40min each way). I don't have a KB at work, so I just dock my laptop to an USB-C hub and use the KB/trackpoint.

8 months so far, and a lot of usage at school, too.

Travels inside of an overloaded laptop bag. So far, everything is okay. No keys falling out, that's for sure.

I do type a bit rough on my keyboards. I know that cannot really be done with newer, shallower keyboards.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors