Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ehtor
Paper Tape
Views: 719
Message 1 of 5

Touchpad Problems with X1 Carbon 6th gen

Hey there,

ever since I got my X1 Carbon 6th gen i tried to solve the problem, that my touchpad works not as intended after it goes to sleep mode.

When I wake it up, the cursor behaves very sluggish (as if mouse accelaration is on  and tap to click as well as two-finger-click to execute a right click aren't working.

Though tripple and quad finger gestures are working just fine.

So far I reinstalled my Touchpad drivers multiple times. Windows was going through multiple updates, so a broken Windows Version shouldn't be a problem as well. Right now I'm running Windows 10 (Version 1803) and everything else works just fine.

After I restart the notebook everything behaves as it should be, but this is a major problem for me because I often have to switch the desk during the day and don't really have the time to always shutdown and start my X1.

Hope someone can help me, have a nice day Smiley Wink

waseem89
Fanfold Paper
Views: 679
Message 2 of 5

Re: Touchpad Problems with X1 Carbon 6th gen

I'm having the same issue..

crblack82
Punch Card
Views: 638
Message 3 of 5

I recently had my system board repaired and when I received the model back I had the same symptoms.  At first I thought, surely this is a hardware malfunction but as it turned out my issue was due to "Panel Self-Refresh" being enabled which is accessible from Intel Graphics Settings.  After disabling that, my issues with touchpad/trackpoint stuttering went away completely.  Give it a try if you have it enabled.

Ehtor
Paper Tape
Views: 593
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately this didn't solve my problem and it came up the next time I woke it up from sleep mode.
waseem89
Fanfold Paper
Views: 589
Message 5 of 5

same fo me Smiley Sad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors