Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
Message 1 of 8 (8,827 Views)

Touchpad/Trackpoint Warning

Heads up to potential buyers.  The X300 trackpoint and touchpad are not fully functional when used with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, MS Access, Remote Desktop, and other mainstream applications.  This is true for both XP and Windows OS.  The built-in pointing devices operate like a mouse without a wheel - you can point and click, but you cannot scroll.  This has been a known problem since June of 2008, and has been brought to the attention of this forum numerous times without resulting in any known action by Lenovo.

WFaz

Serial Port
Message 2 of 8 (8,815 Views)

UltraNav Driver 11.1.21.0 for X300 ??

Lenovo released a newer version of the UltraNav driver that shows applicability to every Thinkpad except the one I own.  Has anyone tried the driver version 11.1.21.0 (released in August 08) on the X300?  The one installed on my X300 is version 7.0.1602.5 - this one is shown as being the latest UltraNav driver for the X300 in the Lenovo (lack of) Support website.
Token Ring
Message 3 of 8 (8,768 Views)

Re: Touchpad/Trackpoint Warning

Well there is a lot more that does not work with neither the touchpad nor the trackpoint.

Check this out: Scrolling using either of both possiblities does not work with Lenovos OWN applications! Scrolling does not work in PowerManager for example, same goes for Access Connections... At least on my X300 with most recent Ultranav2 driver installed.

This only show us that Lenovo DOES NOT USE their own stuff to get things done.That leaves nothing but a painful impression, Lenovo!!! First things first, do your homework!!!

Serial Port
Message 4 of 8 (8,721 Views)

Re: Touchpad/Trackpoint Warning

I don't know if anyone from Lenovo or Alps reads this forum.  Is it possible that they are unaware that scrolling with both trackpoint and touchpad does not work with so many applications?  Sure seems like it would be something fairly easy to fix - especially since the X300 has been shipping for months.  The release notes for the last version read ...

CHANGES IN THIS RELEASE
  Version 7.0.1602.9

[Important updates]
  Nothing.

[New functions or enhancements]
- Support for ThinkPad R500.

[Problem fixes]
  Nothing.

How can they release a new driver and not fix any problems, when there are so many problems that need to be fixed???

What's DOS?
Message 5 of 8 (8,162 Views)

How to disable the mouse Touchpad on X300 and have only Trackpoint operational?

We have Lenovo ThinkPadX300 model 6478-1HU running WinXP SP2.

I am trying to disable the mouse touch pad and leave the RED mouse track point enabled.

I spoke with Lenovo tech support in Atlanta, GA today and the answer was negative.

Any help will be appreciated. 

Serial Port
Message 6 of 8 (8,149 Views)

Re: How to disable the mouse Touchpad on X300 and have only Trackpoint operational?

From the control panel, select "mouse", select UltraNav tab, uncheck Touchpad, check Trackpoint.  I have unchecked Trackpoint and checked Touchpad, so I know that works.  I don't use the Trackpoint, so I haven't tried what you want to do.

WFaz

What's DOS?
Message 7 of 8 (5,381 Views)

Re: How to disable the mouse Touchpad on X300 and have only Trackpoint operational?

I don't see an "UltraNav" tab, only Buttons, Pointers, Pointer Options, and Hardware.  And I don't see anything within those tabs to disable the trackoint or touchpad.  I'm running Windows 7.  Any other ideas?

What's DOS?
Message 8 of 8 (5,373 Views)

I'll answer my own question -- you first must go to Lenovo's website and download the UltraNav drives and UltraNav Utility.  Then the UltraNav tab shows up on the Mouse window.  I was able to succesfully disble the touchpad.

Top kudoed Authors