Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lupin
Paper Tape
Views: 874
Message 1 of 5

Touchpad and Trackpad Buttons not Working

Hey guys,

I'm having problems with the touchpad buttons: the system can't distinguish a left click from a right click. Whenever I click one of the two buttons the system reads it as if I'm clicking on both and keep pressing. I tried also to disable them and use the trackpad but also those buttons are not working well. They just work for a couple of minutes and then they stop. However if I run the Thinkvantage suite they seem to work fine and the system reads the click properly.

What do you think is wrong?

Thanks

abesmith
Fanfold Paper
Views: 861
Message 2 of 5

Re: Touchpad and Trackpad Buttons not Working

Today I noticed both my touchpad and joystick stopped working.  I could move the cursor but the clicks would not register.  I restarted and it worked again.  I recall a couple of days ago I updated the drivers, one of them I think was for the touchpad.

Highlighted
mjustice
What's DOS?
Views: 736
Message 3 of 5

My buttons were always a bit sticky ever since I got the laptop, and today I just started having the same problem where the two buttons are no longer working. I have gone through multiple forums threads, updated the drivers, diagnosed the issue through multiple methods (all of which seem to indicate the touchpad is working fine).

Did anyone answer your post abesmith?

Can someone help me. Is this an easy fix, or should I attempt to warranty the computer. Thanks. 

Guru
Views: 731
Message 4 of 5

@mjustice,
Does an external mouse work?

W520: 2960XM, Q2000M @ 1091/1380, 32GB RAM, 500GB&750GB HDD & 500GB SSD, FHD&MB168B+
X61T: L7500, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
W550s: 5600U, K620M at 1164/1281, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 3K touchscreen
X200s: SL9400, 6GB RAM, 64GB SD card, WXGA+ screen
TPT1: 1839-23U
mjustice
What's DOS?
Views: 709
Message 5 of 5

I unfortunately do not have an external mouse to check if it works. I had planned to check that as soon as possible. A little further information, when I diagnose the touchpad and enable the buttons, it shows that both buttons are engaged. Also, for some reason the tap and drag feature of ultranav is not working (everything else related to Ultranav works fine though. Tried updating the drivers, re-installing, etc, the problem still persists).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors