Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-09-2020

Germany

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 11 of 22

Re:Touchpad and click doesn't work simultaneously - X1 Carbon (7th gen)

2020-09-09, 19:57 PM

I experience the same issue with my X1C Gen 8. 

It's so disappointing to buy an high end notebook with a bug, that even the 600$  notebook of my girlfriend doesn't have :-( 

I would really appreciate a solution for this! 

Options

32 Posts

08-22-2020

Belgium

28 Signins

200 Page Views

• Views: 200
  • Message 12 of 22

2020-09-09, 22:38 PM

Hello,

I have the same issue on my X1C 8th Gen, most noticeable when clicking the trackpoint buttons then trying to move the cursor with the touchpad. I can feel some slight (but smaller) delay when clicking with the touchpad. On top of that, add the Realtek audio driver issue, for which no solution has been found nor any involvement of a Lenovo employee has been noticed. Truly disappointed with this. The laptop is great overall but I would definitely pay a little bit more (and switch to another brand) to get something more reliable.

Options

2 Posts

09-02-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 13 of 22

2020-09-11, 1:50 AM

This delay does not seem to appear while in BIOS and so its not a hardware problem, and most likely not an OS issue either. I have other T-series thinkpads that work on Windows10 without any problem, but they use Synaptics firmware drivers.

I suspect the issue to be related to how ELAN drivers are setup. Some users who have used ELAN drivers had previous complaints on not being able to type and use 

touchpad together: https://yxxxx.wordpress.com/2016/10/18/how-to-remove-mouse-lag-from-elan-touch-pad-on-a-laptop/ 

So its quite possible that this has something to do with ELAN drivers as well. I see some settings in Registry Editor:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Elantech 

Wonder if there's something that can be tweaked here. 

Options

6 Posts

10-04-2019

Sweden

8 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 14 of 22

2020-09-11, 16:57 PM

Is there a formal way of notifying Lenovo of this issue? I don't know exactly how a forum post such as this works in the way of making them aware of the issue.

Options

9 Posts

07-17-2008

United States of America

11 Signins

87 Page Views

• Views: 87
  • Message 15 of 22

2020-09-12, 17:37 PM

@ Loffe1 wrote:

Is there a formal way of notifying Lenovo of this issue? I don't know exactly how a forum post such as this works in the way of making them aware of the issue.

I have opened up a support ticket and will let you know if they can resolve it.  This is actually the second time I've tried to do so - after the first, they replaced my trackpad, but the issue recurred.

Options

13 Posts

09-01-2020

Lebanon

22 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 16 of 22

2020-09-23, 15:33 PM

Any updates?

Options

1 Posts

09-23-2020

Denmark

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 17 of 22

2020-09-23, 16:15 PM

You are confusing the various issues. Please read the first post again. 

The chance that this will get fixed is very slim. As someone stated earlier this issue is due to Lenovo switching everything over to Microsofts lacklustre touchpad driver implementation. I have also raised this issue with Lenovo business support directly. They can't do anything about it. But still, everyone should call support and report this issue as Lenovo apparently doesn't care at all about these forums. 

But if everyone keeps on mixing up the various touchpad issues that doesn't make it easier; This thread is about the touchpad not accepting input for a brief moment when using the physical buttons above the touchpad to click. It's very akin to a palm rejection feature that is turned up to high. Lenovos response to this (post #2) has been that those buttons are only to be used in conjunction with the TrackPoint. So the user (customer) is at fault. Again: this works on T14s, T470, T480, T490 etc. 

Options

13 Posts

09-01-2020

Lebanon

22 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 18 of 22

2021-01-12, 19:38 PM

@ Mai_small_cat wrote:

Hi Leif,

The button above of touchpad is not touchpad button but TrackPoint (the red stick) button. Any using of TrackPoint may cause TrackPad temporarily stop working (as you encounter)

X1 Carbon touchpad is a clickable trackpad, and I recommend you to press the touchpad button (by pressing the left bottom area of touchpad/refer the user manual) instead of TrackPoint buttons, to completely avoid your problem. Using touchpad with TrackPoint button is not a recommendation usage.

Is that considered by Lenovo as a satisfying answer?
While every single Lenovo Laptop works perfectly well with no lag, only X1C7 users have to use the integrated TouchPad buttons?
Don't you think you have a problem with the FW here?
This is unacceptable.

Options

37 Posts

10-13-2019

United States of America

29 Signins

494 Page Views

• Views: 494
  • Message 19 of 22

2021-02-10, 12:27 PM

Some people say it is fixed for them on some ThinkPads if in the Windows Precision touchpad settings, you set the "Touchpad sensitivity" to "Most sensitive". Did not eliminate the delay for me though. Did it work for anybody else?

Try this (AAPThreshold reg value) and reboot: https://winaero.com/change-touchpad-sensitivity-in-windows-10/

To be honest, I don't care whether or not this is By design. It is a nasty, horrible, unacceptable design flaw and unless Lenovo fixes this in a firmware update or pushes out an update to make it OPTIONAL, I would definitely not buy any ThinkPad-class laptop.

First they took away our bottom dedicated separate click buttons and turned the touchpad into a clickpad. Now they are adding a delay to prevent the use of the upper buttons with the touchpad without giving us an option. Many of us can use the TrackPoint in such a way that our hand does not touch the touchpad at all. Therefore, we don't need this mandatory delay forced on us where the pointer won't move after a few milliseconds if the click buttons are being used.

Then they took away the Synaptics drivers and moved to the dumbed down Windows Precision drivers which eliminate almost all the fine-tunable settings.

This is a complete deal-breaker and I was going to buy and recommend Lenovo ThinkPads in bulk (coming from Dell Latitudes to Lenovo), but now I absolutely won't until this is made optional.

Options

1 Posts

03-15-2021

Australia

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 20 of 22

2021-03-15, 12:20 PM

I have the exact same problem with the buttons and when you press them the touchpad stops responding for a split second.  It is incredibly annoying and I cannot believe that such a problem exists.  The lenovo forms are riddled with people talking about it and frankly it is not good enough.  I dont buy that rubbish about using the wrong keys either, I have never heard such a lame weakass excuse from a vendor "you are using the wrong buttons" ??? What utter garbage, you should be able to use whichever buttons you choose.  

As someone said, it does not do it in the bios, just in windows so it is a software implementation problem, not a hardware one.  

What gets me though is that we are all seeing the same problem so I must assume that every unit that goes out has the same problem?? How did Lenovo QA not find this problem themselves?

Come on Lenovo, if you are reading this and give one iota of care for your customers who have bought a high quality unit, you will fix this issue, or refund those of us who do not want to live wish such a crippled unit.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms