05-24-2015

US

8 Signins

72 Page Views

• Views: 72
  • Message 1 of 3

Touchpad freezes for half a second after pressing/releasing touchpad buttons

2019-12-01, 8:57 AM

On my new X1 Yoga Gen 4 20SA, for about half a second after I press or release one of the physical buttons at the top of the touchpad, the touchpad usually stops responding. I assume this was supposed to be some kind of intelligent feature to prevent accidental activation of the touchpad when I'm not using it (like the equally annoying disable-while-typing feature that's been discussed here before)—except for the touchpad buttons, it should be even more obvious that I am using it! Is there a way to turn this feature off so I can use the touchpad with the touchpad buttons without movement stopping every time I click or drag?

Options

459 Posts

05-02-2019

US

322 Signins

7862 Page Views

• Views: 7862
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Touchpad freezes for half a second after pressing/releasing touchpad buttons

2019-12-04, 13:45 PM

Hi !

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums.

Try to configure the touchpad settings of your machine by following these steps from our support website.

Link here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/videos/vid500009

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

05-24-2015

US

8 Signins

72 Page Views

• Views: 72
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Touchpad freezes for half a second after pressing/releasing touchpad buttons

2019-12-06, 21:07 PM

What configuration options would you expect to be helpful? I've tried all four "Touchpad sensitivity" settings, with no change. I even tried disabling the TrackPoint, which causes the touchpad buttons to stop sending click events, but does not stop them from freezing touchpad movement.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete