IL

3 Signins

103 Page Views

• Views: 103
  • Message 1 of 6

Touchpad stopped working after synaptics driver update

2019-05-28, 16:46 PM

Hi,

Today I updated the synaptics pointing device driver on my x1 yoga 3rd gen, and my trackpad stopped working.

rolling back the driver through windows is not possible, how do I get the previous version of the driver?

Solved! See the solution
Options

434 Posts

08-02-2018

US

388 Signins

1696 Page Views

• Views: 1696
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Touchpad stopped working after synaptics driver update

2019-05-29, 12:45 PM

Hello there, weedWhacker! 

Welcome to the Lenovo forum discussion! 

You can try doing a system restore and go back to a certain date. You can check the steps here https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht501548?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 on how doing a system restore. After that, test the touchpad again. Update us back with the outcome. 

Regards, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

05-30-2019

US

2 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 3 of 6

2019-05-30, 18:05 PM

if you do a system restore, will you lose new information on your hard drive since that date? 

i didnt even do the update, the computer did an auto update. the driver on the lenovo page wants to install 1.0.0.41 instead of the 1.0.0.7 which is the supposed fix that you download, but doesnt install any updated files.

Options

296 Posts

08-02-2018

PH

243 Signins

957 Page Views

• Views: 957
  • Message 4 of 6

2019-05-30, 19:55 PM

No, System Restore helps you restore your computer's system files to an earlier point in time. It's a way to undo system changes to your computer without affecting your personal files, such as e‑mail, documents, or photos. But before you do that, you can just go to device manager. Locate the touchpad driver and uninstall. Restart the computer after install. The driver will be automatically reinstalled and will use the default driver of the laptop.

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

05-30-2019

US

2 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 5 of 6

2019-05-30, 21:48 PM
How do you uninstall the driver? Just delete it? I've tried the new driver on the support page but it doesn't work.
Options

619 Posts

08-02-2018

US

302 Signins

2148 Page Views

• Views: 2148
  • Message 6 of 6

2019-05-31, 0:12 AM

To uninstall the Driver, right click on Touchpad Driver, and select uninstall. If prompted, check the Delete Driver Software for this Device box, and select apply. Restart the laptop, and check if the touchpad will work afterwards. Update us how it goes.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save