Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
javeryt1
Serial Port
Views: 530
Message 1 of 4

Touchpad stopped working

I have a fairly new X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, the touchpad was working fine for a couple of months. All of a sudden today it has stopped working. The laptop is almost at factory settings in regards to software. I have installed almost nothing. The keyboard and trackpoint nub still work fine, and the trackpad is turned on in settings. The trackpad also still works as a button.

Kind of stumped. I tried all the function keys, and I don't think there is a hardware switch. I removed it from device manager and it comes back for a few seconds, but then stops again.  

Any help would be most appreciated.
dither1980
Paper Tape
Views: 495
Message 2 of 4

Re: Touchpad stopped working

Are you signed up for the Windows 10 Insider Preview Programme? I had the same problem right after an update to the build 18329 and had to roll back to 18323 where the touchpad was still functioning. Now the build 18348.1 came out but the problem is still there so I had to roll back to 18323.

javeryt1
Serial Port
Views: 448
Message 3 of 4

No insider program, just 1803.

Update on this, it just randomly started working again. No idea why. I will keep an eye on it.

dither1980
Paper Tape
Views: 409
Message 4 of 4

What helped me was manual installation of Synaptics Ultranav driver from the Lenovo download section.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors