Options

9 Posts

07-18-2012

US

6 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 1 of 3

TrackPoint middle button does right-click - how to disable?

2018-07-16, 1:00 AM

Currently my TrackPoint middle button does scrolling as desired but when I release it, it pops up a right-click menu.  I can't figure out how to turn off the right-click functionality.  Any ideas?

I believe I have fully explored the entire Mouse properties dialog from Control Panel, including the advanced one with the special TrackPoint options.  I tried any option that looked even vaguely related, and nothing helped.

Thanks in advance!

Options

3 Posts

01-06-2019

CA

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: TrackPoint middle button does right-click - how to disable?

2019-01-06, 23:19 PM

I have this issue as well and it only started a couple days ago! Additionally, my right-click mouse button also enables the scrolling feature as well - hmmmm

Options

9 Posts

07-18-2012

US

6 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: TrackPoint middle button does right-click - how to disable?

2019-01-07, 3:54 AM

I discussed this some more with other Help Desk staff at my company and had them play around with it. They were fully convinced, and I have become convinced as well, that this is a hardware problem after all. On the motherboard or in some connection from there to the mouse, there's something messed up so that these two mouse buttons both send the same signal, and that signal is the action for both buttons (scroll and right-click).

Since I've already swapped out the whole TrackPad, I think it must be a motherboard problem for me, or just maybe a loose cable.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete