Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RBB_2003
What's DOS?
Views: 6,568
Message 1 of 8

Trackpad Horizontal Scrolling Not Working - Excel

I've been trying to find an solution to this, but have been unable, so hopefully someone here will help.  Got my X1 Carbon - 2015- 20BS about a month ago, and have an issue with scrolling horizontally in Excel only.  I just can't get it to two-finger scroll horizontally.  Vertical scrolling works fine.  Other office applications work fine, vertical and horizontal. I rolled back the Synaptics Driver (19.017.2), uninstalled it and installed the one from Lenovo site, but I can't get it work.  I've looked at Excel settings, unistalled, reinstalled, repaired and still no dice. 

Any ideas?  Is there something that I'm missing in a setting somewhere?  I work in Excel pretty much all day so this is fairly annoying to say the least.  Thanks in advance. 

R   

tmdiaz
What's DOS?
Views: 5,989
Message 2 of 8

Re: Trackpad Horizontal Scrolling Not Working - Excel

Can someone please answer this: How does one of the highest rated business laptops not allow for horizontal scrolling in Excel?  

This was half the reason I bought the Thinkpad and now I cannot stand using it for work.  I don't know if this problem is with Microsoft Office or Lenovo but it is unnaceptable to not have a solution to a seemingly minor but implicative flaw.  

p00pies
Paper Tape
Views: 5,961
Message 3 of 8

Agreed. My Mac supports this.

blew
Paper Tape
Views: 5,787
Message 4 of 8

Agreed. I've been able to horizontally scroll using the trackpad in other applications, makes me think this is more of a Microsoft issue. Excel needs this functionality!

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 5,776
Message 5 of 8

Good day, All.

I've not seen any mention of Windows or Excel versions in this thread. Only one mention of a Synaptics version = 19.017.2 (Win10 driver) in the OP last from September.

On my 20BT X1C3 running the factory Win8.1Pro64 preload, the Synaptics Ultranav v18.1.27.32 driver (most current in Lenovo's driver list for Win8.1), and Excel 2010 (v14), I'm able to do 2-finger horizontal scrolling on the touchpad, and also using the middle button+trackpoint, without any apparent issue.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

blew
Paper Tape
Views: 5,735
Message 6 of 8

I'm using Excel 2016 and Synaptics driver 19.0.17.46 without any success. Not to mention, the task switching in Windows 10 does not recognize any of my three finger gestures, although they're set to ON in the settings.

jhedman2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,901
Message 7 of 8

Did you ever find a way to fix this, I'm pretty annoyed by it. Certain apps seem to work fine, i.e. Chrome, i can go forward and backwards in chrome using side to side motions, but not in excel. I can't stand seeing how well this works on some other laptops, especially Mac's.... I'm using Windows 10 with Synaptics driver 19.0.17.85 and Excel 2013 15.0.4859.1000.
blew
Paper Tape
Views: 4,890
Message 8 of 8

It's currently working for me now. I'm running W10/Excel 16/Synaptics 19.3.4.22.

However, other issues remain where I essentially have to choose between having three finger gestures for app switching or for going back and forth in Chrome. These are set by values in the registry which have to be manually changed. To date, I have not had the ability to go back/forward in Chrome and also swipe three fingers for app switching. Quite annoying to say the least.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors