09-25-2015

US

70 Signins

453 Page Views

• Views: 453
  • Message 1 of 2

Trackpad Losing Settings and Workaround

2018-02-25, 11:13 AM

Has ayone else seen this, and if so, have you found a better way to fix it?

My default settings for the Trackpad are to disable "tap to click" and to set the touch sensitivity about mid-range (according to the slider on the "Mouse Properties" control panel).  Now, every time my X1 Yoga 3rd Gen boots up, the trackpad is reset to "tap to click" being on, and the sensitivity is set very high.  Even brushing it with a part of my hand when typing can cause all kinds of chaos.

However, when I run the "Mouse Properties" app, everything instantly reverts to my desired settings.  I don't have to alter anything, just run the app.  Doing so is all it takes to restore my settings.

My current fix is to set the "Mouse Properties" app to automatically run when I log in, which seems really silly.  Isn't there a way to just leave the settings between the times I power the computer up?

BTW, if you're encountering the same thing and need a fix, this is how I did it:

1. Right-click blank area on the desktop, point at New in the menu and tap Shortcut in the sub-menu.

2. Type C:\Windows\System32\main.cpl and tap Next in the Create Shortcut window.

3. Enter a name, like "Mouse Properties" and select Finish in the following window.

4. Drag the new shortcut into the folder C:\Users\<YOURUSERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup where <YOURUSERENAME> is the user name for your account on the computer.

5. The next time you boot up, that should "fix" the issue.  In a silly way...

Options

1 Posts

02-28-2018

AU

1 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Trackpad Losing Settings and Workaround

2018-02-28, 13:01 PM

I have exactly the same issue in my Thinkpad T450s. Thanks for the patch. I had to open the mouse properties manually everytime to get my settings back. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete