Options

1 Posts

03-29-2020

NL

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Trackpad doesn't react when I physically click it in (X1 3rd gen thinkpad)

2020-03-29, 23:18 PM

Hi everyone, 

I've had an issue with my lenovo thinkpad x1 3rd gen for a while. 

Whenever I physically click on the trackpad (so that it gets actually pressed down instead of just a light tap with my finger) it doesn't react/does what its supposed to do. 

The trackpad also feels very stiff as if it can barely move downwards when pressing, and on the right bottom side i've noticed that its more difficult to press down than on the left (and upper left/right corners can't even be fully pressed, although I don't know if it normally can). 

Ocasionally (but mostly with luck) it will work (after clicking a thousand times, it will respond to a click but this happens very rarely).

Other than this issue the trackpad works (so when I just glide my finger around the trackpad the cursor follows, when I lightly tap on the trackpad it functions as it should) 

I've looked online and I haven't come across any fix for this, it also seems like theres just something wrong with the trackpad itself since it's stiff and barely clickable. 

This problem started to arise a few months after I got this laptop, so before it worked just fine so I have no idea what caused this issue. 

Does anyone have advice on how I can fix this issue? 

Thanks in advance 

Options

1 Posts

10-22-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Trackpad doesn't react when I physically click it in (X1 3rd gen thinkpad)

2020-10-22, 14:55 PM

Me too!  I have the 14" Yoga with the Ultra HD screen. I've had it about 3 months. I wish I had gotten the warranty.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete