Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

0 Posts

02-02-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

Trackpad sticking when trackpoint buttons are beeing pressed

2020-02-02, 22:05 PM

Hi. After using ThinkPads for a couple of years now I purchased the Carbon 7th gen, and my experience with combining the trackpad for movement of the curser and the physical buttons for the trackpoint has allways been my perfered way to operate. When using the combination on my new Carbon 7th gen I am having some very frustrating sticking of the curser. After some reading around the web I have been thinking that it may be the palm-check functionality that inhibits the trackpad for halv a second. And it is really irritating. I can not seem to find the palm-check function, and I have not been able to fully remove all drivers for the trackpad to reinstall from scratch. The error does not appear in the BIOS where the mouse works fine, so it is not a hardware issue. What can I do?

Options

3675 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

790 Signins

19047 Page Views

• Views: 19047
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Trackpad sticking when trackpoint buttons are beeing pressed

2020-02-03, 15:35 PM

Hi matsh0! The newer computers usually came with precision touchpad from Microsoft.
To check it, follow the steps here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht506066. If its a precision touchpad, you can follow the steps on this video: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/videos/vid500008 in changing the settings. Let us know if it works for you.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

0 Posts

02-02-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: Trackpad sticking when trackpoint buttons are beeing pressed

2020-02-04, 8:50 AM

Unfortunately, this does not offer any solutions to my issue (and the issue expressed several times on this, and other, forum). The issue is this;

The mouse curser sticks (freezes for about half a second) when physical buttons from trackpoint (upper circle in picture) are beeing used during movement of the curser with the touchpad (lower circle in picture).

This makes for very a very bad user experience  when dragging files, moving windows, and really everything I would like to do with my mouse smooth and fast. 

Please help.

(Pro tip: I suspect the issue comes from a conflict between native touchpad drivers in Windows and Lenovo drivers for the trackpoint, but that is just a guess.)

Options

37 Posts

10-13-2019

United States of America

29 Signins

494 Page Views

• Views: 494
  • Message 4 of 4

Re:Trackpad sticking when trackpoint buttons are beeing pressed

2021-02-10, 12:03 PM

Try this and let me know if this fixes it: https://winaero.com/change-touchpad-sensitivity-in-windows-10/

A number of people on Reddit reported that if sensitivity is changed to "Most sensitive" or directly Registry value of AAPThreshold to 0 then the delay is gone. But I have not confirmed it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms