Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Twang1337
Serial Port
Views: 609
Message 11 of 63

Re: Trackpoint Drifting X1 Carbon gen 6

Does anyone who use trackpoint loads on the X1 Carbon - NOT have this problem?

Lore5
Blue Screen Again
Views: 590
Message 12 of 63

Good question.

Since I paid for 3 year service, I guess I should call tomorrow and see if anyone has an answer.  If I get one that works, I'll post.  :-)

protonot
SCSI Port
Views: 572
Message 13 of 63

I had it in the x1 carbon 6th gen and so I had to return and replace it, only to see that the new one has it as well. I bought the yoga x1 3rd gen BUT guess what, the yoga x1 3rd gen presents the same exactly problem. They said they may update the firmware and this will resolve it. I am not sure they know what they are doing and that they know what the problem is.

Twang1337
Serial Port
Views: 546
Message 14 of 63

@protonot - did you try the updated firmware for yoga 3?

did it stop the drifitng?

Lenovo has offered to replace the keyboard assembly (which looks difficult)

not sure if it's a batch problem or is every single machine affected..

protonot
SCSI Port
Views: 498
Message 15 of 63

replacing the keyboard wont do anything - at this point i am 100% sure - it appeared in exactly the same way in all three devices. I will do an overall update soon but read that one person who did it, did not get this fixed.

Twang1337
Serial Port
Views: 463
Message 16 of 63

Hi Lenovo any updates?

I have also noticed just before drifting happens the trackpoint become sensitive. Faster in one direction then eventually drifts in that direction.  Once it starts drifting, the behaviour is what I described before. Will continue to drift I I keep using the trackpoint. Need to let go for a minute or two to stop the behaviour 

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 458
Message 17 of 63

@Twang1337 wrote:

Hi Lenovo any updates?

I have also noticed just before drifting happens the trackpoint become sensitive. Faster in one direction then eventually drifts in that direction.  Once it starts drifting, the behaviour is what I described before. Will continue to drift I I keep using the trackpoint. Need to let go for a minute or two to stop the behaviour 

A minute, really? For me it's always done in the same time, 7-8 seconds. It certainly does feel like a minute. Smiley Happy

Twang1337
Serial Port
Views: 435
Message 18 of 63

I feel it's defnitely more than 10 seconds. regardless, if i touch the trackpoint before then, it'll drift again. Until i just completely let go for awhile...

Lenovo - any updates on the firmware level?

Twang1337
Serial Port
Views: 406
Message 19 of 63

Could anyone who uses trackpoint regularly on the X1C Gen 6 comment if they do vs don't get drifting?
It's quite annoying. Sometimes it doesn't drift for many hours. Then other times i'll drift once every 5-6 minutes...

bsautermeister
What's DOS?
Views: 381
Message 20 of 63

I'm having the same problem with my X1 6th Gen on Ubuntu 17/18, ordered in March 18.

I have the feeling that the issue is usually happening after the system is turned on for a while. At least the frequency of drifts is much higher at the end of a working day compared to the beginning. So maybe it correlates to heat of the system? Just a guess.

The pointer is drifting 5-15 seconds. Most of the time veeery slowly. Seldomly even quite fast (crossing the whole screen within 2-3 seconds and then being stuck in a corner of the screen).

I like this (very expensive) laptop, but this is hardly affecting the user experience and can have a quite negative effect in my productivity.

Would love to hear a statement of Lenovo about this.

Kind regards,

Benjamin

Top Kudoed Authors