Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lore5
Blue Screen Again
Views: 322
Message 41 of 63

Re: Trackpoint Drifting X1 Carbon gen 6

That is a lame story - "they never heard of it"!  Maybe they should look on their Community and see a long string of customers who have the same problem and Lenovo is not coming up with a fix.  Just read one report where an owner got a new keyboard and it did the same thing.

Lore5
Blue Screen Again
Views: 321
Message 42 of 63

I have the same issue.  No fix in sight.  :-(

Lore5
Blue Screen Again
Views: 320
Message 43 of 63

Did not have this problem with my Lenovo W530 laptop.
Lore5
Blue Screen Again
Views: 319
Message 44 of 63

Same here.
bart11
Paper Tape
Views: 262
Message 45 of 63

Same here. And it's way worse than with any of my previous X1C's. Really annoying. Lenovo, what's up??!!

Matt1755
Paper Tape
Views: 222
Message 46 of 63

I have the same drifting issue on my X1C gen 5.   It gets to the point where the machine is not usable.   

It's hard to believe that Lenovo 'has never heard of this problem' as some have said on this forum, as it appears pervasive.

This will be the last Lenovo product I purchase.  

docdaddy
Paper Tape
Views: 220
Message 47 of 63

I have to agree with these posts. Yesterday I was on a plane and trying to put some slides together, and then the trackpoint cursor decides to start drifting, and I found myself fighting the Trackpoint trying to get work done. Finally I gave up, and once it stopped drifting I went back to the regular mouse pad.

After reading all of the stories here, I don't want to contact support (I have a three year full enhanced warranty) because it sounds like replacing MBs, etc. doesn't help.

I would be fine if Lenovo would just make an appearance on their own support forums here and say yes, we see the problem, we're working on it.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 111
Message 48 of 63

A new X1 Carbon 6th TrackPoint firmware version today "Fixed an issue where TrackPoint drift long time intermittently":

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-X-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-...

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Lime99
Paper Tape
Views: 97
Message 49 of 63

Will that work for 5th gen too? Also do I have to download/install manually or will it show up in the Lenovo Vantage? (don't have my X1C5 nearby to check) thanks.

samuelrmlong
Paper Tape
Views: 85
Message 50 of 63

Best solution is to disable the trackpoint under touchpad settings. Lenovo and the local support crew mentioned because of the thin nature of the computer and sensitivity of the trackpoint, typing activates the trackpoint. I have disabled this feature and have no more issues. 

I had brought it to a local lenovo support Rep and sent my laptop to factory for repair. Neither were fruitful to fixing my problem. The local group suggested I remove the trackpoint if I don't use it, but that is absurd. This leaves a gaping opening to the sensitive keyboard and looks like trash. 

I'll look for the vantage update and try with the trackpoint enabled to see if it has been rectified. It is disappointing that this is still an issue Esp given the price of the unit. Seems like they should fix issues properly instead of rushing to put out another model. 

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors