Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tfandango
Punch Card
Views: 2,388
Message 1 of 10

Trackpoint middle button refuses to set to scroll after driver update

I guess I need to stop installing drivers...  I unstalled the latest Synaptics UltraNav drivers for my X1 yoga today as advertised by System Update (Thinkvantage and companion).  Now it's super-finicky, difficult to scroll on the trackpad, but even worse I can't set the middle button on the trackpoint to scroll anymore!  It just resets to "middle-click" in Lenovo Settings.  I'm a bit beside myself because now I have a yoga that does not yoga (touchscreen does not work after updates) and now I can't even consistantly scroll Smiley Sad

I tried to uninstall it as per the readme that came with the update but that does not even work, complaining that a dll file is not a valid windows application.

JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 2,376
Message 2 of 10

Re: Trackpoint middle button refuses to set to scroll after driver update

If you want the middle button to scroll then synaptics drivers must be installed since that program controls the buttons functions from trackpoint to touchpad so therfore removing synaptics drivers will disable any middle button changes and it will go back to old default one or so.

tfandango
Punch Card
Views: 2,341
Message 3 of 10

Sorry I typo'd that message. I *installed* the new UltraNav drivers (from 4/3 I think). And that is when I lost the ability to use scroll.

I could not find the previous drivers on the support site, only the latest, so I restored the ThinkPad to a point before I installed the new ones and it works great again.

I would recommend not installing those drivers, but maybe it's just me.
JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 2,333
Message 4 of 10

have you tried checking ultranav settings area? to make sure middle button isnt set to something else instead of scroll? if so then just set it back to scroll and it should work.

tfandango
Punch Card
Views: 2,331
Message 5 of 10

That's the strange thing.  I had the very limited settings available in Lenovo Settings, but NO UltraNav settings at all under windows settings where they should be.  I reverted back and it's better now, but I will obviously not get the benifit of whatever was in that driver package.

jambon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,318
Message 6 of 10

I guess that new UltraNav driver(19.0.17.77) cause this problem.

My brand new X1 Yoga I just got yesterday, the middle button is fine but trigger the Cortna Panel whenever I press the middle button.

Otherwise, scroll function is OK.

Untill I update the new driver, the UltraNav Panel in the setting is disappear and scroll function is disable.

JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 2,312
Message 7 of 10

Do this, right click on start ---> control panel ---> mouse ---> synaptic ---> settings that's when a bigger window opens with all the gestures and functionality from there you can set middle button to what it should do and stuff like that.

tfandango
Punch Card
Views: 2,291
Message 8 of 10

Thanks, I have not seen this before, the settings I were looking at were much more vanilla windows 10 settings somewhere...  I am wondering if I installed the new ones and somehow that messed with these synaptics settings, I may just need to try it again and go see if I can fix it in the settings.  One day, when I have some more time to mess around.  Thanks!

tfandango
Punch Card
Views: 2,267
Message 9 of 10

I had some time so I thought I'd try again.  I created a restore point just in case, then installed just the Synaptics UltraNav update.  Now, when I try to get to click on "Mouse" on the control panel, nothing happens.  Before I did the update I was able to see all the settings that were there (which I didn't know about, thanks!).

So this is just not working for me, I will restore again.

jambon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,242
Message 10 of 10

Try new fix update in June 21.

Lenovo release the new driver --> Synaptics ThinkPad UltraNav Driver for Windows 10 (19.0.17.98)  do solve the problem!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors