Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mf60user
What's DOS?
Views: 1,533
Message 1 of 3

Trackpoint scrolling speed on X60

I am using MS Office 2007 on my Lenovo X60 with 2GB RAM and Win XP Proffesional.  I cannot scroll pages in MS Word 2007 using the standard scrolling type setting in the mouse properties dialog box in the control panel.  When I change the scrolling type setting to auto-select I am able to scroll but the scrolling is so fast that I cannot control it. Moreover, the scrolling does not work at all in either standard or auto-select mode in some of the MS Office dialog boxes.  I have upgraded to the latest trackpoint driver, but that does not seem to improve the situation.  Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

StefanMohl
Paper Tape
Views: 1,499
Message 2 of 3

Re: Trackpoint scrolling speed on X60

I think that when you set the scrolling type in mouse properties to auto, you simply use the standard mouse-wheel click auto-scrolling feature of Office. Check if you can find any Office setting that allows you to adjust the auto-scrolling speed.
mf60user
What's DOS?
Views: 1,496
Message 3 of 3

Re: Trackpoint scrolling speed on X60

Thank you for the suggestion.  I have searched through the MS Office help and the MS Office online site to look for ways to adjust the scroll speed.  I can't find anything.  The problem does not occur when I use a USB mouse plugged into the computer instead of the Trackpoint.  The problem is clearly related to the Trackpoint and its software.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors