Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mf60user
What's DOS?
Views: 1,514
Message 1 of 3

Trackpoint scrolling speed on X60

I am using MS Office 2007 on my Lenovo X60 with 2GB RAM and Win XP Proffesional.  I cannot scroll pages in MS Word 2007 using the standard scrolling type setting in the mouse properties dialog box in the control panel.  When I change the scrolling type setting to auto-select I am able to scroll but the scrolling is so fast that I cannot control it. Moreover, the scrolling does not work at all in either standard or auto-select mode in some of the MS Office dialog boxes.  I have upgraded to the latest trackpoint driver, but that does not seem to improve the situation.  Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

StefanMohl
Paper Tape
Views: 1,480
Message 2 of 3

Re: Trackpoint scrolling speed on X60

I think that when you set the scrolling type in mouse properties to auto, you simply use the standard mouse-wheel click auto-scrolling feature of Office. Check if you can find any Office setting that allows you to adjust the auto-scrolling speed.
mf60user
What's DOS?
Views: 1,477
Message 3 of 3

Re: Trackpoint scrolling speed on X60

Thank you for the suggestion.  I have searched through the MS Office help and the MS Office online site to look for ways to adjust the scroll speed.  I can't find anything.  The problem does not occur when I use a USB mouse plugged into the computer instead of the Trackpoint.  The problem is clearly related to the Trackpoint and its software.
Top Kudoed Authors