Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexisale91
Paper Tape
Views: 1,044
Message 1 of 4

Trackpoint stopped working on X1 Carbon 6th Gen after firmware 1.0.0.3 Update

Hi guys, I recently got hold of my new X1 carbon and decided to do a thorough firmware update with vantage. When the trackpoint utility firmware 1.0.0.3 was installed, my laptop flashed with an installation failure notice and rebooted. After that, the trackpoint as well as the mouse above the touchpad no longer worked. I tried the advanced setting in control panel, but the entire trackpoint configuration option was blacked out.

Does anybody experience similar issues with this update and have any suggestions on how to do a home fix for this? I have been making do with the touchpad and a bluetooth mouse, but it does not feel very "thinkpad" this way.....

Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,040
Message 2 of 4

Re: Trackpoint stopped working on X1 Carbon 6th Gen after firmware 1.0.0.3 Update

Hello and welcome,

This sounds like the issue sorted in the below linked post.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-6th-Gen-Synaptics-Touchpad-Firmware...

Thought this was resolved some time ago.  Please report back if it helps - or doesn't.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

alexisale91
Paper Tape
Views: 1,034
Message 3 of 4

Re: Trackpoint stopped working on X1 Carbon 6th Gen after firmware 1.0.0.3 Update

YESSS it worked.

Just to help those running into this issue again (and to save you from researching across 7 pages of the thread). Here are the steps I took:

1. Download and reflash the Synaptics Touchpad Firmware here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/vn/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-...

This is an updated version that fixes the annoying error message popping up while installing the trackpoint driver 

2. Then you can reflash the Trackpoint Utility Firmware again and have the laptop rebooted. Download it here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/vn/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-...

Once the laptop reboots this time, there will be no more installation failure. Both the trackpoint and the touchpad will work seamlessly! Thank gosh to the Forum members!

FloatingSeals
Paper Tape
Views: 920
Message 4 of 4

Good post, I followed this same instruction from another post. Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors