Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,529
Message 11 of 26

Re: URGENT: Synaptics UltraNav driver problem on Windows 7/X121e

Seems like those affected are using either the X121e or X130e, anyone else have a different system as listed above?

As I do not have a X121 or X130e with me currently, let me check around and see if my other colleagues whom might have this units.

@grelaford,

Was wondering since you have done a clean install before, if its ok with you, was wondering if you can the older version so we can narrow down to driver issue?

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/6hgx57ww.exe

Appreciate it =)

*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y530 ... Feel free to highlight any post which you have posted on the forum to me if no one have chimed in.
evil_elman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,513
Message 12 of 26

As I'm keen to not have to do a factory reset I decided to try the 6hgx57ww.exe driver myself on my x121e, process below:

Started with latest Synaptics 16.1.1.0 (Lenovo Update Manager installed this). Touchpad not working

* Uninstalled the driver and rebooted (as suggested)

* Upon starting the laptop it installs a locally cached Synaptics driver automatically. Touchpad now works OK (including all features). It tells me to reboot to finish the installation.

* Laptop restarted and touchpad is again not working properly...

* Downloaded and installed the 6hgx57ww.exe driver (performing an upgrade on the installed driver) - touchpad now working properly again.

* Restarted

* Touchpad still working fine - adjusted settings to my liking.

* Restarted

* Turned off and then on again

* Touchpad still working fine!

* Put my laptop into hibernation and out again

* Touchpad still working fine!

It seems my laptop appreciates this driver! :-)

Unless there's any particular reason I shouldn't be using this driver I'll save it for if I ever run into the same problem again.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,484
Message 13 of 26

That is really weird.

I downloaded the driver directly from the support site and execute the exe file however it works fine. A colleague of mine will be testing the driver as well today. Let's see if he is able to replicate the issue on his side.

However glad that your X121e is working fine now. Also thanks for posting back your findings.

For those who are having this issue, please try the steps suggested by evil_elman.

Thanks

*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y530 ... Feel free to highlight any post which you have posted on the forum to me if no one have chimed in.
Former Employee
Views: 2,430
Message 14 of 26

Hi all,

Was reding through your the threads and I'm glad to hear that issue has been recitified. I did a few test on some machine using the same Synaptics and Ultranav drivers but however was able to see the issue. It's still not certain if the H/W or Software is causing your issue but what is certain that it is affecting a handful X121E machine. 

But however, seeing that this is recitfied will share the findings with other users.

Regards

Kibinas
Paper Tape
Views: 2,399
Message 15 of 26

Hello,

These drivers work just fine. Where did you found them? Bcz newer version on support site have that glitch. Actually for me sleep/resume always turn on touchpad with 16.1.1.0 drivers. Thank you for workaround

Johnwaits
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,381
Message 16 of 26

Just did the update via lenovo updates, and the only way I can now move the pointer around is with two fingers on the track pad !

So add me to the list of customers with a X121e that is reading this forum from an alternative computer. Smiley Sad

evil_elman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,366
Message 17 of 26

Johnwaits: If Lenovo Update Manager just installed the latest driver (16.1.1.0) then I would suggest you try what I did above and downgrade the driver to the 16.1.0.0. The download links can be found in this thread further back. Doesn't take that long.

As there seem to be no real difference between the two driver versions (as far as functionality goes) you've got nothing to lose. :-)

Having said that - I really hope and expect Lenovo will release a proper driver update as there's bound to be people that don't know about this forum.
mr_v
Paper Tape
Views: 2,337
Message 18 of 26

Hi all,

I'm having the same probs withmy touchpad, too. I've tried evil_elman's fix, but it doesn't work for me. evil_elman had reported his/her trackpad worked fine after coming out of Hibernation, but I don't use Hibernation; I use Sleep instead. Waking from sleep definiately breaks the trackpad. Any suggestions?

Regards,

V.

mr_v
Paper Tape
Views: 2,331
Message 19 of 26

Hi all,

I've given up with the Lenovo drivers, and have installed Synaptics (trackpad OEM) drivers instead. Seems to work goo so far!

http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers/

Regards,

V.

kikibeck
Paper Tape
Views: 2,307
Message 20 of 26

I've done the same. It worked quite ok for me, but the cursor was a bit laggy. 

I installed 16.1.4 (from lenovo x131e support page). This driver is working well but always when I restart PC, the default settings loadsSmiley Frustrated

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors