Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

11-17-2021

Norway

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 4

USB Audio Issues - ThinkPad X1 Gen9 with ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock

2021-11-17, 13:59 PM

Hi

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 G9 (20XW) connected to a ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock (40AF0135EU), with mouse/keyboard, two 27" monitors and LAN.

The computer is connected to the docking station over USB-C. This works as it should.

However, whenever i try to connect my Jabra Evolve 65 headset, it fails to play sound. The Jabra headset comes with a bluetooth usb dongle and can also be connected directly with wire.

Both of these options fails if i connect them to the docking station. If i connect them directly to my computer, they work as expected. I've tried to different Jabra headsets to verify.

I have a T490s laying around for testing purposes, and the headset (both on BT and wire) works when connected to the dockings station.

I have also had some issues connecting to a USB-C to USB-A hub with Camera and sound system equipped. The Camera works, but no sound.

Is there an issue with the way audio is handled when connected through the docking station?

Both the computer and docking station is updated with the latest drivers and firmware.

Can you please help me fix this issue?

Regards.

Anders Bye Wang

Options

4251 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

331 Signins

21095 Page Views

• Views: 21095
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:USB Audio Issues - ThinkPad X1 Gen9 with ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock

2021-11-17, 19:06 PM

Hello ObserWang,

Welcome to Lenovo Community

I'm sorry to read that you're having audio issues with your current set up of ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 9 and peripherals.
Kindly try reloading the BIOS default settings, be sure to save and exit.
Please confirm if the computer's Audio driver (Realtek) is up to date as to what the support site currently offer.
Make sure that you follow the readme text file instructions.
May I know what is the Windows OS build version on your laptop?
Update us soon as convenient.

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

11-17-2021

Norway

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

Re:USB Audio Issues - ThinkPad X1 Gen9 with ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock

2021-11-17, 19:22 PM

Hi and thanks for the quick answer.

Realtek driver checked and verified with the latest on support.lenovo.com.

Driver version: 6.0.9198.1

BIOS settings have already been reset to default, as well as playing around with different settings there to see if it made any difference.

Bios version 1.49, updated today.

Windows version: Windows 10 version 21H1, os build 19043.1288

Thanks in advance :)

Regards.

Anders Bye Wang

Options

3 Posts

11-17-2021

Norway

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2021-11-25, 9:47 AM

Just a heads up here. This seems realted to the Intel Smart Sound Technology Audio Controller.

Updating driver manually there and choose "High Definition Audio Device" fixes all my issues. 

But Lenovo Vantage (and maybe Windows update) will force the broken driver back. 

Could you please provide an update to the driver so Intel SST does not break audio functionality on USB hubs/dockings?

The first step in this video shows what i have done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szAy9rDRuzo

There are also several other's complaining on the Intel SST / Realtek combination for other hardware vendors (HP, Dell etc.).

Regards.

Anders Bye Wang

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms