Options

2 Posts

11-23-2015

Paris

7 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 1 of 1

USB not supplying power in ThinkPad X280 - Disappointing quality of ThinkPad products

2019-09-02, 18:24 PM

Hello everyone,

? It's been a year since I bought a ThinkPad X280. Yesterday night, I plugged my phone to charge and close the lid before going to bed, while forgetting my phone still left plugged. When I woke up, I saw that my phone was at 0%. I turned up my computer and tried to plug it to charge but it refuses to do so. And yet, the computer is still able to detect it and transfer files. The only problem is that: it does NOT charge!

I tested on this USB port another phone, and on a different operating system : same problem.

I tested the second USB port on my laptop, everything work just fine.

I believe that this is a hardware problem. Has anyone encountered this probkem before ? How should I solve it ?

?? NB. As a personnal note, I may say that I am highly disappointed by ThinkPad products. My first ThinkPad was a X1 (1st gen.) and every year, something just suddenly broke: keyboard press key, fan, motherboard, SD card reader. I had hoped that this was due to this product line and decided to buy a brand new X280 to give a new start of my opinion on this product. I must say that I am highly disappointed as my laptop is just 1 year old and that I barely use it anywhere else than home. The product quality is bad. I am not sure I will continue buying ThinkPad in the future...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save