11-17-2018

US

3 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 1 of 3

USB3 warnings in event viewer and battery drain on X1 Carbon 6th gen

2018-11-17, 16:39 PM

Laptop in question is X1 Carbon 6th gen (20KH002HUS).

I get a lot of warnings in the event viewer related to:

Event 196, USB-USBHUB3

USB device draining system power when system is idle. USB Device: VID: 0xBDA PID: 0x328 REV: 0x2908 Removal action failed: SkippedAsPersistentIoObserved

I mean thousands of them, the event viewer is flooded with them. The battery drains fast and the device doesn't seem to sleep at all.

Also i get thousands of these:

Event 225, Kernel-PnP

The application \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\System32\svchost.exe with process id 7084 stopped the removal or ejection for the device ACPI\PNP0A08\0.

This is a new device, have had it for three days. I thought initially that the windows install that came with the laptop is in some way corrupted, so i went to Lenovos web site to download a fresh copy of windows and create usb install drive. Downloaded Lenovos USB creation tool, ordered download, started the download, however the download got stuck at 77% percent and will not continue in the last 24hrs.

Went to Microsofts usb creation page, download and created USB bootable install drive and installed fresh copy of windows. Downloaded Lenovo Vantage and installed everything that the app could find as update (critical or not), updated windows ... everything is up to date (windows, lenovo, whatever). Event viewer is still flooded with the warning messages like above, and with few other variations of those.

Since these are warning messages, i would normally ignore them, but i see noticeable battery drain. Overnight i'm loosing 30% - 40% of battery.

I wonder if anybody else have experienced similar issues and how in the world do i solve the battery drain?

Options

1 Posts

05-26-2019

US

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: USB3 warnings in event viewer and battery drain on X1 Carbon 6th gen

2019-05-26, 16:23 PM
Having the same issues. Event log flooded with "USB device draining system power when system is idle." messages, and laptop dies overnight. Yoga 920
Options

148 Posts

07-13-2018

US

580 Signins

3869 Page Views

• Views: 3869
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: USB3 warnings in event viewer and battery drain on X1 Carbon 6th gen

2019-05-26, 19:27 PM

VID 0xBDA

PID 328

is the microSD card reader.

Do you have a microSD card installed? Drivers updated?

Does disabling the microSD card reader (either in Windows or the BIOS) remove the error?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save