01-01-2012

United States of America

105 Signins

689 Page Views

• Views: 689
  • Message 1 of 2

UltraNav driver issue Win7 - X220

2012-11-18, 15:42 PM

I purchased this unit June 2012, following update recommendations through Lenovo Solution Center since that date.  BIOS 1.33.  Recently installed Crucial 256gb mSATA SSD.  TrackPoint and TrackPad worked fine until yesterday.  I also use a Lenovo Bluetooth mouse, purchased three months ago, and all three forms of GUI cursor navigation worked fine until yesterday.  I used a wired USB mouse to navigate while (1) uninstalling and reinstalling the Bluetooth mouse drivers. (2) I found a thread on this site that spoke of disabling and re-enabling the TrackPoint and the TrackPad in the BIOS.  When both are enabled, neither works.  When the TrackPad is disabled, the TrackPoint works.  When the TrackPoint is enabled and the TrackPad remains enabled, nothing works.  I have uninstalled the UltraNav drivers and installed the current Synaptics driver (from their site), 16.2.21.0 dated 10/26/2012.  I then alternatively disabled and enabled TrackPoint and TrackPad in BIOS as above, and the result is the same.

I've deleted the driver subdirectory that contains the UltraNav driver.  I did that before installing the Synaptics driver.  When I use Lenovo Solutions to search for updates, it asks me to download Synaptics UltraNav driver 16.2.5.0, which I then download and installed.  fn-f8, however, says that both TrackPoint and TrackPad must be enabled in the BIOS for UltraNav to work.  When I do that and press fn-f8, I am advised to install the UltraNav utility because it is not as yet installed.

Right now I can use both the Bluetooth ThinkPad mouse and the TrackPoint, inasmuch as when I re-enable the TrackPad in the BIOS, neither TrackPoint nor TrackPad will work (though the Bluetooth mouse will).  For most of my experience with this machine, all three could be used at any time.  I've removed the keyboard and checked that all ribbon cable connections are in place, and they are.

Can somebody suggest something I haven't tried?  Thanks you for your helpfulness.

Doug

X-220 I7-2620 4287, 16gb Crucial, 256gb 830 Samsung SSD, 256gb Crucial mSATA SSD.

Options

3 Posts

12-30-2013

USA

6 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: UltraNav driver issue Win7 - X220

2013-12-30, 3:38 AM
is there another driver that works on the x220 for the ultranav AND also works with the thinkpad ultranav usb keyboard>
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms