Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please noteour guidelines.How to register and login andCommunity FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

visit the blogCheck out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Highlighted
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Ultrabase Suddenly Non-Functioning; Strange Lighted Dock Indicators

[ Edited ]

X200 w/ Ultrabase on Win7. Worked fine this morning. Disconnected x200 from docking station properly this morning and hibernated, as usual. Returned, dropped x200 into docking station:

Not Working:

- external mouse

- external keyboard

- docking station speakers

AND - on the left side of the docking station, where the un-dock lever is, all three lights are lit: green arrow left of undock button, green arrow right of undock button and red stop indicator right of undock button.

I've performed a variety of reset functions: restarted, shutdown, unplugged keyboard/mouse [they work when plugged directly into x200] - all to no avail.

I've just seen that a BIOS upate came out in December 2010, so I'm off to upgrade that, but really can't see that it would cause this freakout. HELP!

UPDATE 1:

Updated BIOS [3.17] - no change.

Further details:
-apparently the docking station is simply not supplying power to the ports since
--no lights on keyboard
--cd drive not functioning

UPDATE 2:

Apparently it is a power issue. Passthrough ports [monitor] work fine, but those requiring power do not. I removed the battery from the X200 then docked to ultrabase - booted up and all peripherals work. What causes such a problem?

Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

FIXED

[ Edited ]

After booting up w/o the battery in the X200, I shutdown. Then slipped the battery back into the X200, started up and all is golden. Crazy! Hopefully this does not become a regular occurence - my hair may go white even faster than it is already!