Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomasleonard
Paper Tape
Views: 1,138
Message 1 of 4

Ultrabase x6 Replacement keys

Hi all,

I have recently lost the keys for my x6 ultrabase. The laptop is left on its base which is tethered to my desk and it can spend a large amount of the day there unsupervised. So the lock is very important to me.

The problem is, as far as I can tell, is that replacement keys are only available from an American base - I must be the only person in Europe with an ultrabase I have deduced ! Anyway that's normally not a problem and just a slight inconvenience shipping times wise. But then the shipping rate I was given was £28  ... for 2 keys that weigh no more than a few grams. I have mailed them on this but have not got a response.

Long story short, is there a way to get these keys in Europe for anything less than a combined cost of £40 ?

Thanks all for reading

Thomas

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 1,131
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ultrabase x6 Replacement keys

Thomas, welcome to the forum,

I don't know who you've been in contact with already, but the official source for Replacement Keys is ITXchange who have offices in Greenock, Scotland.

Maybe you could get in touch with them.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

thomasleonard
Paper Tape
Views: 1,117
Message 3 of 4

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the hint, I gave them a call in Scotland and they were very helpful. He said that unfortunately they are aware of this and have raised this issue with itxchange many times. The other shipping option is to have the item transfered to them in Scotland and then forwarded on to me but he said this is likely to cost more than the aforementioned international postage.

Considering I can buy a whole new x6 base for less than £15 with keys on an "internet auction site" Smiley Wink I probably will go down that route and sell my own to someone who does not need the locking capacity !

Many thanks for your help !

michaelunibo
What's DOS?
Views: 283
Message 4 of 4

Hello and to Whomever this may concern,

We purchased a Lenovo X61 laptop and to our surprise an X6

Ultrabase was attached.  Unfortunately, the seller did not advise

us that the unit was locked and that no keys were included.

So we searched around and found IT Xchange that supplies keys;

We are in the USA and the price for the keys (2) is 19 USD; if

you are in Europe you can have someone send them to you using

USPS which costs 15 USD. Total is 34 USD (GBP 25.84, EURO 28.89).

Hope this helps someone!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors