07-05-2013

Hong Kong

7 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 1 of 3

Unable to connect to the Synaptics Pointing Device Driver Thinkpad X220

2013-07-05, 13:15 PM

I own a Lenovo Thinkpad X220, and recently I had this problem when I acess 'Mouse' in Control Panel, and it comes up with an error saying 'Unable to connect to the Synaptics Pointing Device Driver' I press OK, then it goes to the Mouse Properties. Another thing about this error is that when I change settings in the Ultranav tab, I press Apply and OK, but it does not save my edited settings. I have reinstalled the Ultranav Driver a lot of times, and it still comes up with this error

I made sure that I have installed the latest Ultranav Driver, which was released on the 20th June 2013, and also the Ultranav Utility. 

Any ideas?

Options

1302 Posts

12-06-2012

Raleigh, NC

545 Signins

33643 Page Views

• Views: 33643
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to connect to the Synaptics Pointing Device Driver Thinkpad X220

2013-07-07, 22:27 PM

Hi, poonl1

I would recommend trying to use the standard Synaptics driver found here. Synaptics is the company that develops the UltraNav software, so there should be no loss of compatibility/features. I have witnessed several cases where this driver has helped others with mouse issues, so it may help yours as well.

The first thing you will need to do is to remove the UltraNav driver from the system. To do this, open the Start menu and type Device Manager into the Search box, and then press Enter. Once here, double click on Mouse and other pointing devices, and then right-click on the UltraNav device. Navigate to the Driver tab and select Uninstall... from the bottom of the window. Follow the prompts to uninstall and then restart when prompted by Windows. Windows should install a generic driver that will allow you to use the TouchPad when downloading the Synaptics driver. 

Regards,

Adam

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution!" This will help the rest of the community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
Options

54 Posts

05-01-2015

Germany

132 Signins

853 Page Views

• Views: 853
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to connect to the Synaptics Pointing Device Driver Thinkpad X220

2016-01-30, 8:06 AM

Still happens sometimes with lenovo driver on windows 8.1, installing the driver from synaptics doesn't work. ThinkPad E555

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms