Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soapcase
Paper Tape
Views: 743
Message 1 of 5

Unable to reduce brightness in X1 Carbon 4th gen

I am unable to reduce the brightness on my brand new X1 carbon (4th gen). I have tried changing the display settings but nothing works. Has anyone else been facing similar issues? Machine type: 20FB. System configurations: i7 6600U processor, windows 10 pro 64, WQHD (2540 x 1440) display), 16 GB memory and 512 GB SSD.

Former Employee
Views: 597
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unable to reduce brightness in X1 Carbon 4th gen

In response to customer reports that display brightness cannot be controlled via dedicated key input on X1 Yoga and X1 Carbon 4th Gen (Type: 20FB and 20FC) ThinkPads, Lenovo has released a patch. The patch makes a registry change to restore this function.

The patch can be downloaded here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds118463

A permanent fix will be bundled with the Intel driver in a future release.

Thank you,

Jonnym4c
Paper Tape
Views: 455
Message 3 of 5

this patch did not help me.

AlejandroGarcia
What's DOS?
Views: 413
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

I had the same problem.

I have a X1 Carbon 4th Gen (Type: 20FB) from this summer, After Windows 10 upgrade anniversay, the driver for intel  HD Graphics 520 didn't reduce brightness. I had to do a rollback to driver version 4331.

Yesterday, in a recently automatically update of the driver, the problem arise again.

The patch resolved the problem for me, erasing an entry in the registry. it is neccesary to follow the instruccions, and execute the file C1CFxLCD.bat.

Now i have the last driver version working properly. Thanks.-

Jonnym4c
Paper Tape
Views: 395
Message 5 of 5

Ok, so not believing that my computer was an exception to everyone else's rule I reinstalled the patch and followed the instructions in the readme file again to the letter (ie. doublechecking every single click &c) and on the reboot the thing started working. Full brightness control! So I must have not have followed the instructions as carefully as I thought the first time round.

tl;dr Follow every instruction as if your life depended on it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors