Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-25-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 3

Upgrade/Trade-in

2021-02-25, 9:13 AM

Does Lenovo not run an upgrade/trade-in programme ?

I purchased a Lenovo X1 7th gen in November 2019. Since then, I have had to organise a repair on a battery disconnect in the laptop - which Lenovo did excellently with a service van outside my home during lockdown.

Now my webcam has stopped working, and my battery lasts less than one hour unplugged - and the only option now is to send in for depot repair which could last anywhere from 5-15 working days. At this point - working from home, that is just not an option.

I will add that I have used Lenovo laptops for many years, and never had any quality issues before, which makes me worried that there are just systemic issues with my laptop.

I would be willing to upgrade to a new X1 8th gen, if Lenovo offered some sort of trade in price for the old one - like Apple does. 

Any input on this ?

Options

3835 Posts

12-22-2008

Canada

12578 Signins

182216 Page Views

• Views: 182216
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Upgrade/Trade-in

2021-02-25, 12:51 PM

Welcome to the forum. 

if Lenovo offered some sort of trade in price for the old one

https://lenovopromotions.co.uk/gb/en/pages/thinktradein/promotion is for recycling so probably not attractive enough.

You might want to contact Lenovo UK directly, explain your situation and ask if they can make any accommodations.

Another option might be to buy an X1C8, get the X1C7 repaired and then sell it on eBay or similar. Existing listings of X1C7 should provide some indication of how much you could get for yours.

Using Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

2 Posts

02-25-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Upgrade/Trade-in

2021-02-25, 13:51 PM

Thanks for input - will try to contact Lenovo Sales, but chat and website down... not having a good day with Lenovo...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms