04-27-2018

SE

28 Signins

196 Page Views

• Views: 196
  • Message 1 of 2

Use TrackPoint and Touchpad at the same time

2018-05-05, 11:45 AM

Right now when I use the trackpoint the touchpad is disabled while moving the cursor. The touchpad is also disabled when the trackpoint recalibrates itself. This causes problems because I often let go of the trackpoint to do gestures on the touchpad, and sometimes I then have to wait for the trackpoint to recalibrate until I can do anything. Recalibration can take several seconds so sometimes it's really frustrating. 

Is my trackpoint working as it should or am I the only one experiencing recalibration for more than 2 seconds?

Is there a known way to enable touchpad and trackpoint at the same time on Windows 10? That would solve my problem since I don't care about the drifting, I just want to be able to use the touchpad while it recalibrates.

Options

611 Posts

07-20-2009

US

6193 Signins

23692 Page Views

• Views: 23692
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Use TrackPoint and Touchpad at the same time

2018-05-05, 12:21 PM

wrote:

Right now when I use the trackpoint the touchpad is disabled while moving the cursor. The touchpad is also disabled when the trackpoint recalibrates itself. This causes problems because I often let go of the trackpoint to do gestures on the touchpad, and sometimes I then have to wait for the trackpoint to recalibrate until I can do anything. Recalibration can take several seconds so sometimes it's really frustrating. 

Is my trackpoint working as it should or am I the only one experiencing recalibration for more than 2 seconds?

To me this seems like a bug, but so far no Lenovo folks have chimed in, see this thread: 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Y1-Yoga-3rd-gen-issues-with-trackpoint-drift-correction/m-p/4054280

Definitely an irritating recurring issue, hope they fix it!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save